Downloading icon won't go away

wolstonc

Reaction score
I was in class and I was trying to download an email attachment sent by the professor when I lost data and never got it back. I turned the phone off and on, battery pull, and everything, but the attachment never finished downloading, and is constantly showing that its downloading. Its not in the downloads stock app. Its been stuck showing its downloading for 5 days now. I can't get it to go away. Help?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

WookieClaws

Reaction score
Try going into downloads from the app tray and checking the download and then the delete icon in the top right corner.

OP
wolstonc

wolstonc

Reaction score
Try going into downloads from the app tray and checking the download and then the delete icon in the top right corner.

Its not listed in there

And how do I clear the cache?

OP
wolstonc

wolstonc

Reaction score
Cleared cache still there

Droid101

Reaction score
Look for download manager in all apps section
Clear data and force stop it
Reboot your nexus you should be all set

This is a known issue with the operating system Google is supposed to be working on a fix for it.

Hope it works!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
+1 ... or even easier, open up the Downloads app in the app drawer...find the offending download and stop it from there.

OP
wolstonc

wolstonc

Reaction score
it doesn't show up in downloads/download manager

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I mentioned that method because after clearing cache and data in DownloadManager you need to reboot or it will periodically continue trying to download the file. If you've already cleared the cache and data in DownloadManager than it won't appear in the Downloads app. If you see the arrow though at the top and it's hanging on a download it SHOULD be listed in the Downloads app. I've had this happen way too often.

Also, if you start encountering lots of "download unsucccessful"s, clear your Browser's cache. I'm not sure if that's just an issue with my phone, but thought I'd share how to fix it just in case. Wish I knew of a more.permanent solution at the time. I'm trying to squash stuff like this out so when/if I can find and fix these problems I'll share. Otherwise , hopefully Google will address all these little quirks in 4.0.5? Who knows lol.