Download the Latest Android Market Update and Install it Manually

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
screenshot-1314127579484-530x300.png

Waiting on that awesome +1 button in your Android market? Need to lock access to your market down to keep people from buying/installing or uninstalling apps? If you haven’t gotten the latest update yet, you can manually install it by downloading the APK file (here) and installing it like you would any third party app. Be sure to have Unknown/Third-Party Sources enabled in Settings > Applications. We’re aware that some of you haven’t even gotten the first update (the one that first introduced the UI changes). No use in waiting, really – these are all the same APK files that users would otherwise get over-the-air. Your phone won’t explode into nothingness if you install it. And you don’t need to be rooted. Get to it!

SOURCE: Download: Phone Android Market 3.1.3 Adds +1 For Apps And Games, PIN Number For Purchases, And More

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
if you have the original market, the old old one available on old froyo roms, can you still just install this with no issue?

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
.....sooo...why do we have to go to a third-party site to update our market installation again?

Not that I don't trust this place, it's just that I'd rather see google somewhere in the URL that I get any kind of Market update from, y'know?

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
I just downloaded and installed this successfully. Seems legit.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
.....sooo...why do we have to go to a third-party site to update our market installation again?

Not that I don't trust this place, it's just that I'd rather see google somewhere in the URL that I get any kind of Market update from, y'know?

You don't have to. You'll get it sometime when they decide to push it to your device.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Ohhh, it's a pre-release. I thought this was a full-on release of a market update. That's where I got mixed up.

Well it is but seeing how I just got the old new market update 2 days ago, I'm sure it will take them a long time to push this one out completely

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
just got it via the link in OP's initial post. works, but I may already have had it, but IDK. I downloaded file onto laptop, then connected TB to laptop, synced the file via Application Installer. Sorry, I did not note which version of Market I had before install, but this looks somewhat familiar to me...

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I linked to a flashable zip of the new market, why was it deleted w/o explanation?
If anyone prefers a zip version of the market go over to Sourcery section, i got it posted and it will work on gb and froyo.

Sent from my Sourcerized D1