Newest Google Play Store Available For Download

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Android-Market-bag-Google-Play.jpg

Google Play Store v3.5.16 just started rolling out. If you want to grab it sooner, AndroidPolice has provided some download links. This update is designed to provide a fix for those having trouble seeing purchased apps or experiencing force closes. Some folks also claimed that it feels smoother and snappier. Here are the download instructions and links:

Download (change the extension to .apk if your browser downloads it as something else for some reason, like a .zip or .bin) and install as you would do it with any other apk - it will replace the existing Market or Play Store with the latest version 3.5.16.
Source: AndroidPolice

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can we get a hack where it says Android Market instead of Google Play? o_O

jayman350

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the fix that stops trying to update frozen apps..

I would love to see this, as well as having it stop trying to take ownership of apps that I have purchased from Amazon, and thus unable to update via Play Store...which gets very frustrating when Amazon doesn't get the updates nearly as fast as Google does.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I miss having the option to see all my paid apps in the "not installed" section. I can't remember every single app I purchased, and that other section just has EVERY download. Which is long, and I don't feel like looking through all the apps I've ever downloaded.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
market is working fine for me. Oops, Play Store. lol what ever. :p

Mike8016

Reaction score
Mine says android market. All you have to is go to manage applications then uninstall updates. Once you do that go to the market and update it to google play and it should keel the logo on the desktop of android market

stkma70

Reaction score
What changed in this version from .15?

Sent from my ICS flavored DROID4