download swype beta?

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I don't mean to double-post, but I haven't found anything from searching these forums, xda, or even through my 2 hour google siftathon that I tried last night.

Has anyone figured out how to completely remove swype from the DX so one could install the beta? I'm running tranq 3.5 and I have frozen everything swype related, but it's not working. I'm afraid to delete anything in the off chance that I won't be able to get it back (may not be a big deal once the new sbf finishes dl'ing).

If anyone has made any progress on this, I would very much appreciate any info.

Thanks everyone! glad to be back on my DX (spent the last two months on a fascinate... mistake)

Hey everyone, I don't mean to double-post, but I haven't found anything from searching these forums, xda, or even through my 2 hour google siftathon that I tried last night.

Has anyone figured out how to completely remove swype from the DX so one could install the beta? I'm running tranq 3.5 and I have frozen everything swype related, but it's not working. I'm afraid to delete anything in the off chance that I won't be able to get it back (may not be a big deal once the new sbf finishes dl'ing).

Thanks everyone! glad to be back on my DX (spent the last two months on a fascinate... mistake)

Don't know if this will help.

Here>>> http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid/27495-how-do-i-remove-swype.html

Unfortunately, it does not. That was for the D1. On any device that was sold with swype installed (galaxy s line, DX, etc.), the manufacturor pushes updates when they update the software... which I didn't know until after I uninstalled the prop. version. I also can't find a system dump anywhere :( driving me crazy, i want swype, but the 2.2 layout is gross. guess I should have just themed it.

There are two files you need to remove: the swype.apk in /system/app and libSwypeCore.so in /system/lib. Delete, reboot, and install swype beta.

There are two files you need to remove: the swype.apk in /system/app and libSwypeCore.so in /system/lib. Delete, reboot, and install swype beta.

You are my hero!!!! Worked instantly. Thanks!:icon_ banana:

Back