Download root explorer, now what?

ghostrider76

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am not a tech savy person, so take it easy on me.

I have a Droid Incredible and downloaded Root Explorer. I want to delete the preprogrammed software, CityID, Amazonmp3, etc.

I did a search but did not find what I was looking for. Can anyone here assist in linking a previous post that helped or write out instructions to help?

Thanks!

nibblit

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a Droid Incredible and downloaded Root Explorer. I want to delete the preprogrammed software, CityID, Amazonmp3, etc.

I did a search but did not find what I was looking for. Can anyone here assist in linking a previous post that helped or write out instructions to help?

Thanks!

I love SystemApp remover. It will uninstall instead of deleting apps.

OR

Try "Titanium Backup" from the Android market.

Uninstall or freeze the bloatware instead of deleting b/c OTA updates require the crapware.

OP
G

ghostrider76

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

I love SystemApp remover. It will uninstall instead of deleting apps.

OR

Try "Titanium Backup" from the Android market.

Uninstall or freeze the bloatware instead of deleting b/c OTA updates require the crapware.

ok, dl systemapp, now let me see if I can figure it out

OP
G

ghostrider76

Reaction score
Ok, downloaded the system app, but says I need to root 1st? Doesn't allow me to access the system apps