Double twist won't work?

droid15

Reaction score
I have been trying to use double twist sync my iTunes library with my droid but each time it only syncs 1 song and then stops because it dosnt recognize the drm or something. I also tried copying some movies from iTunes manually to my droid but it won't let me play them because of the drm. How do I get rid of all of these drms.

Dragoro

Reaction score
You have to sign into itunes, and have itunes remove the drm from the songs (costs money per song).

Theres not so legal ways, but I dont know how. I refuse to use anything apple.

OP
D

droid15

Reaction score
But that shouldn't keep the rest of the songs from syncing. And it never even gets to the movies.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
My other suggestion is try iSyncr (there is a free version that allows you sync like 20 songs - it won't sync individual songs but it will sync playlists) and if they sync with the free version - it would be worth purchasing the paid version...the dev just added an add-on feature where you could sync wirelessly and he is working to be able to sync the songs individually...outside of that, I am not sure...I have close to 1000 songs thru iTunes and they are all on my DX...

OP
D

droid15

Reaction score
K so aside from that what about movies?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Sorry - I am no help there...hopefully someone else will come along and answer that for ya... :)

OP
D

droid15

Reaction score
Well thanks for you time.:) now I only hope someone who has encountered and successfully solved this problem will see this thread.

EbE404

Reaction score
Well thanks for you time.:) now I only hope someone who has encountered and successfully solved this problem will see this thread.

If the videos in question were purchased from iTunes, you will have the same DRM issue. Unfortunately, there really is no "legitimate" solution to this.

If you encoded them yourself using Handbrake or something similar than DoubleTwist should work.

Jumper2501

Reaction score
I also tried copying some movies from iTunes manually to my droid but it won't let me play them because of the drm. How do I get rid of all of these drms.
I just downloaded Double Twist today, myself. It played my iTunes music videos, as well as some .avi movies I'd ripped from my DVDs some time ago to view on my laptop. I didn't have any iTunes movies, though.

Did the movies you're referring to come as iTunes purchases or did you get them another way?

OP
D

droid15

Reaction score
What programs can I find to encode them on a mac?

Fairfieldwizard

Reaction score
There are plenty of other (and legal) ways to remove the DRM from your purchased music. I used Soundtaxi and it worked like a charm. I ran all of my iTunes purchased music through it and ordinary MP3 files that can be played on any PC or MP3 music player came out.