Double messages, when getting a text

cisco0910

Reaction score
Alrite, check this out guys. I've had handcent for months now with no problems with the double notifications because i went to the stock and disabled it there, blah, blah, blah.. Now, this morning i look at my phone and i get double notifications like as though i never disabled anything from the stock. I went into seetings in the stock app and notifications and also "delivery reports" are unchecked. I even put a check in notifcations and unchecked it again. One thing i also tried was i went into phone settings, applications, manage applications, handcent, and then clear defaults. Nothing has successfully worked! Any other suggestions?
For what it's worth, i'd like to also add that i successfully installed Sholes 2.0.5 around 5pm yesterday and haven't had any problems until this morning when i looked at my phone.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sholes what is that.... try to uninstall Handcent and reinstall?
i thought of that, but i got handcent customized so much it'll take me forever to redo it. I'm 99% it's not handcent, i'm getting a notification from another app or program but i don't know where it's coming from..
provide a screen shot of the notification? help us identify it for ya?

cisco0910

Reaction score
i thought of that, but i got handcent customized so much it'll take me forever to redo it. I'm 99% it's not handcent, i'm getting a notification from another app or program but i don't know where it's coming from..
it's on page 2 on the top. another member having same problem.. link below

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...double-message-notification-2.html#post232809

Last edited:

cisco0910

Reaction score
I'm like 99% sure it's not handcent cause when i go to handsent, setting, test notification, the white envelope doesn't show up and the customized ringtone for handcent is what's used. When the mystery white envelope comes up it's ringtone is the default ringtone. It's pretty nerve racking! screen shot below
View attachment 3209

Last edited:
Reaction score
Im getting some double too but there both from handcent, like shes double sending beacouse its the same message twice, but when i go into the actuall conversation she sent it once.. im trying to ignore it being i havent slept since 5PM yesterday!

C3-PO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V20
Im getting some double too but there both from handcent, like shes double sending beacouse its the same message twice, but when i go into the actuall conversation she sent it once.. im trying to ignore it being i havent slept since 5PM yesterday!
Yeah! that's the problem I'm having, NOT double notifications, but double text messages. Like they sent it twice. I tried writing an e-mail to the developer but did not get a good response. Anyone know why this happens?

cisco0910

Reaction score
Well i reflashed Sholes 2.0.5, hopefully miraculously it'll fix that mystery white envelope notification.
I'm like 99% sure it's not handcent cause when i go to handsent, setting, test notification, the white envelope doesn't show up and the customized ringtone for handcent is what's used. When the mystery white envelope comes up it's ringtone is the default ringtone. It's pretty nerve racking! screen shot below
View attachment 3209