double message notification

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm using handcent right now and have never gotten this problem. But that def, looks like a handcent icon. Is privacy turned on in the notifications setting?
Funny, I just registered to post this exact same question!! I too am running Handcent and have been getting the double notifications. I've turned off default notifications, have no other messaging applications installed. I even emailed various messaging app developers asking if it's coming from their program, and they've all said no. It's driving me nuts, I can't figure out where it's coming from!!

I took a screenshot, hopefully I can attach it here so you can see. Same white envelope. Always says "You have an unread message", even after I click on it. Only way to get rid of it is by pressing "Clear".

Maybe it's a Handcent issue? I emailed the developer, no response.
i'm having this same problem. It just started this morning. I've had handcent for months. Did you ever resolve this? Or anybody got a fix?

cisco0910

Reaction score
I'm using handcent right now and have never gotten this problem. But that def, looks like a handcent icon. Is privacy turned on in the notifications setting?
Funny, I just registered to post this exact same question!! I too am running Handcent and have been getting the double notifications. I've turned off default notifications, have no other messaging applications installed. I even emailed various messaging app developers asking if it's coming from their program, and they've all said no. It's driving me nuts, I can't figure out where it's coming from!!

I took a screenshot, hopefully I can attach it here so you can see. Same white envelope. Always says "You have an unread message", even after I click on it. Only way to get rid of it is by pressing "Clear".

Maybe it's a Handcent issue? I emailed the developer, no response.
i'm having this same problem. It just started this morning. I've had handcent for months. Did you ever resolve this? Or anybody got a fix?
privacy is not turned on. I don't think it's a handcent problem because when i go to handcent settings then i use the "test notification" feature that white envelope doesn't show up.

bloodstains

Reaction score
Same here, "Test Notification" just displays it how it has been for months (which is how I want it). I sort of want to uninstall Handcent and see if the notification continues, and if I click the notification without Handcent installed where it will take me (right now it brings me to Handcent).

I just unchecked the "auto retrieve" button and had a friend text me to see if it could be tied in to the stock messaging program at all, still got the double notification (audio and notification thing).

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any of you with the 'white envelope' download Beautiful Widgets pack 2?

bloodstains

Reaction score
Yup!! Cisco just PM'd me about it, I uninstalled Beautiful Widgets Pack 2 and it's gone!! Thank you everyone for your help, this was driving me nuts. I had uninstalled every messaging or ringtone related app I had, was just about to uninstall Handcent. So relieved it was as easy as getting rid of Beautiful Widgets Pack 2.

PuneE

Reaction score
It would be a shame if people actually used the search function before starting a new thread.

it would be a shame if ppl actually understood the problem before mouthing off their kno-it-all attitude of ignorance.

from my google searches across multiple forums, most of them dont answer the problem, barely even understands the problem.. and most OPs of the problem as well as responders cant identify the source of the problem.. much less resolve it.

many think it's from handcent. like many others i thought it was from launcherpro.
there are no known settings to my brief research to disable this, but 2 threads have identified the problem to originate from BeautifulWidgets pack2. Currently a brute solution would be to uninstall the pack2