New messages(s) notification

j00

Reaction score
I am using handcent and every time I receive a message I get a little envelope in the left hand corner of my status bar that says New messages(s): You have unread messages and even after I read the message it says I have no unread messages and still stays their until I clear my bar.

I have shut all notifications off in the default messaging application.

hoangjoe

Reaction score
I have the same problem too, i can't find the option to disable that, someone help please

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Go into the stock message app and disable notifications there. It's probably sending notifications from Handcent and stock.

***Sorry, guys....didn't see that you had already checked stock app.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You have to either Clear the Notification via the "Clear" icon in the notification panel or when you get the message you have to pull down the notification panel and tap the message notification to get to the message and it will clear itself, if you know you have a message and do not access it through the notification panel, the notification will stay there untill you clear it

If neither of these are the answer you are looking for then you can go to the handcent settings and turn off the notification that shows in the notification panel, so you will only get an audible notification but if you are away from your phone you will not know by looking at your device that you received a message untill you opened handcent

In Launcher Pro there is an option (if you have the handcent shortcut in the dock) for it to show a message count on the icon itself alleviating the need for the icon in the notification panel (I don't use this option so I am not sure how good it works)

Deception31

Reaction score
I am using handcent and every time I receive a message I get a little envelope in the left hand corner of my status bar that says New messages(s): You have unread messages and even after I read the message it says I have no unread messages and still stays their until I clear my bar.

I have shut all notifications off in the default messaging application.

I figured out that on my phone (Droid X) it was due to "Beautiful Widgets Pack 2". So if you have this then uninstall then it should stop.