Handcent and Stock Messaging Weirdness

dkshaer

Reaction score
So, here is a little quirk that I can't figure out. When I receive a text message, the notification bar shows that it is received in handcent. However, on the screen is the stock messaging window showing the last message I received from the messenger. Not the current message. And, the message thread is intact in handcent. Handcent is the default app and I have verified that. Some setting I not have correct, maybe.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
So, here is a little quirk that I can't figure out. When I receive a text message, the notification bar shows that it is received in handcent. However, on the screen is the stock messaging window showing the last message I received from the messenger. Not the current message. And, the message thread is intact in handcent. Handcent is the default app and I have verified that. Some setting I not have correct, maybe.

Also, try searching my friend ;) this issue has been solved time and time again.

OP
D

dkshaer

Reaction score
Pretty smart guys.

This is not a double notification issue, which seems to happen alot if you don't uncheck notifications in stock messaging. I knew that and it is unchecked, as is auto retrieval.

And I have searched the threads.

I'll figure it out all on my lonesome.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score

Always best to rule out the most obvious first my friend ;) didn't mean anything by what I said. You would be surprised how often I get calls about people's computers not coming on or working, when its something as simple as an unplugged cable, or the surge protector being turned off.

I'm going to assume that you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling handcent? Battery pull?

OP
D

dkshaer

Reaction score
Well, I gave up on it. I uninstalled and reinstalled, had notifications enabled in handcent and disabled in stock but the pop ups were still stock and not handcent, though the custom ringtones of handcent worked. So, I'm trying SMSpopup which allows for custom ringtones, which is really what I was trying to achieve anyway with handcent. The custom bubbles and fonts and stuff I can survive without.

Thanks for the help and tips and sorry for the attitude - long, hot workweek.