Dolphin Browser now with Multi-Touch

OP
bamfsig45

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Here's a Tip:

If you plan on using multi-touch zoom, go Menu->Settings->System Settings and turn off "Auto-fit Pages"... That makes the pinch-zooming choppy and awkward, as it constantly tries to fit the text as you zoom in and out.

I believe this is the answer right here if you have "laggy" multi touch. I dont think its laggy I think it appears that way because the settings are trying to re-draw the page as you zoom in and out. Check if you have this setting with a checkmark and un-check it.

This makes the pinch to zoom function work really really well.

oh and Thank you WhiskeySix for this information.

gwlaw99

Reaction score
the major problem with pinch zoom is that it only zooms in and out in the same increments as the + - Zoom so it is fairly innacurate. It needs to be a smooth zoom. Also it needs to work better with text auto size by keeping centered in pinched area. Not using it until those two things are fixed. Until then it's just a cool gimic

Ed Blown Vert

Reaction score
Website
ls1.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S22U
Here's a Tip:

If you plan on using multi-touch zoom, go Menu->Settings->System Settings and turn off "Auto-fit Pages"... That makes the pinch-zooming choppy and awkward, as it constantly tries to fit the text as you zoom in and out.

I believe this is the answer right here if you have "laggy" multi touch. I dont think its laggy I think it appears that way because the settings are trying to re-draw the page as you zoom in and out. Check if you have this setting with a checkmark and un-check it.

This makes the pinch to zoom function work really really well.

oh and Thank you WhiskeySix for this information.

Ahhh, that helped alot.

CaptainDango

Reaction score
Anybody try xScope yet?

It's another browser for the Droid with excellent multi-touch.

The multi-touch on xScope is smooth and works like the one on the iPhones, (not preset zoom increments like on this Dolphin browser)

The zoom multi-touch is very impressive on xScope, too bad the rest of the browser is almost useless.

Mojo

Reaction score
I may be crazy but I like the default browser better. I think it is faster and renders pages better...but that is just me

Smity

Reaction score
I may be crazy but I like the default browser better. I think it is faster and renders pages better...but that is just me

Exactly, this is why I uninstalled dolphin before, BUT I may have to retry it again since they added multi-touch!

Terra

Reaction score
Dolphin is great, but the mulit touch is a work in progress. I prefer it over the old browser; it's much more user friendly once you get the hang of it. My favorite feature so far, aside from MT, is the gesture feature. You press an icon on the bottom of the screen (you chose the placement), then you draw the appropraite gesture for the action you are trying to achieve (you can customize this: for instance L is forward and I customized "T" for a new tab).

Once the multi touch is calibrated better and adobe releases flash (effects all Droid browsers), then this browser will be the closest thing to a PC browsing experience I have ever used on a smartphone. I'll post again when MT has been updated.

brianr0131

Reaction score
I just figured out anothe nice feature. If you have multiple tabs open and you swipe to the far left or right of a webpage it will switch tabs. Pretty cool.

Appleanche

Reaction score
Anybody try xScope yet?

It's another browser for the Droid with excellent multi-touch.

The multi-touch on xScope is smooth and works like the one on the iPhones, (not preset zoom increments like on this Dolphin browser)

The zoom multi-touch is very impressive on xScope, too bad the rest of the browser is almost useless.

One thing I disliked about the xScope zooming is that it totally zooms out (much more then it needs)

darreno1

Reaction score
Tried Dolphin again after the recent updates. To me it seems faster than the default browser. Also I do find the pinch zoom useful even though it's not as responsive as some others I've used. It's not my default yet but that might change.

moosc

Reaction score
Quite frankly, I don't get all the salivating over multi-touch. Sure, it's a cool gimmick, but I'd rather do a quick, efficient double tap that works perfectly rather than using two fingers to "stretch" the screen. Seems a little more cumbersome to me. Of course, to each his own.
i was thinking same thing every one seems to want this.. to me tapping is better and one handed.