Dolphin Browser HD 2.0.0

ClennzDroid

Reaction score
Looks amazing. Its now my favriote browser by far. Espically with the blue theme lol.

Let me know what you guys think

rayvincent

Reaction score
The latest version is not posting form data when I reply to a post on a few forums I visit, not sure why, it always worked before flawlessly. sigh. guess I'll have to bring up the default browser for the first time in months.
Hopefully they know about the bug and a fix is on the way.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I dont understand what rayvincent's issue is, i'd like to know, I just didnt know what he meant.

I have been using the new Dolphin Browser and I have to say they really did it this time. Its UI is so polished and perfect. It is literally the greatest moble surfing expirience I have had yet. Lovin it!

rayvincent

Reaction score
I agree with icculusX that it's a great browser, I've been using the original version then the HD version since only a few days after getting my moto Droid.
I did an update last night and went to a site this morning where I needed to respond to someone's message to me. When I responded it refreshed the page but my response didn't show up. I tried it a few times, even after restarting the phone. I am a photographer part time and it is a way for me to keep in contact with clients. I don't think it was the site because I went on with my pc and was able to send a response. It's just nice to check my messages while I'm brushing my teeth in the morning rather than spending time in front of the pc.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Does HD still ask you if you want to clear cache before exiting every time you close it?

That was a deal breaker for me. Using XScope Lite and it's working well.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yea, I'm using dolphin HD, it still asks.

I dont think dolphin is all its cracked up to be.. takes forever to load a webpage, now you got that silly side menu thing on the left that I cant figure how the hell to make dissapear so I just keep sliding and clicking till it goes away.. The Bookmarks to SD doesnt do crap, at least for me, after I did a system reset, it didnt have any of my old bookmarks.. soo I may be making the change to Xscope or something else..

Reaction score
dolphin HD browser is slooooooooooooooooooow for me. I thought skyfire took time, but that is snappy compared to dolphin.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
dolphin HD browser is slooooooooooooooooooow for me. I thought skyfire took time, but that is snappy compared to dolphin.

the old one was pretty good and it was my default browser....HD is slow, as mentioned, and asking you to clear cache before exiting every time is beyond annoying.

A piece of garbage that HD release is. Oh, and I forgot that Froyo doesn't much like it, either.

Beardface

Reaction score
Wow... lots of hate for a pretty polished browser.

And I'm not sure about you all, but DB HD 2.0.0 has been pretty quick for me to get from page to page. It hesitates as it comes up, but when it does, it all comes up at once. I like that, instead of having to wait for it to stage its development.

I personally like it much better than stock, and have noticed it be much faster than stock, but maybe thats just my phone. Oh, and I don't mind it clearing the cache every time. Helps keep it quick, and I really only go to my bookmarks anyway, so I just swipe right and choose it from the list. No biggie at all!

razorseal

Reaction score
run sun spider on dolphin 2.0 HD, then run it on browser.

you tell me what you'd prefer

I'm all about speed.

Gonzo

Reaction score
i liked dolphin hd when it came out but since the latest update its garbage to me. the swipe left for bookmarks is slow and annoying, and the swipe right then pull down to get to see all your tabs is inconvienent at best.

jackals

Reaction score
trying xscope now i have had it with ddolphin hd:

it makes my facebook weird. I can no longer send a msg to people when on their page vs the stock browser.. and also when i click a picture, i cant leave a comment or see comments.. its just the picture..

I use facebook a lot so this is annoying and I am currently looking for a different browser.. cause stock sucks, the latest feed works better with dolphin, but it doesn't outweigh the problems...

anyone else have these problems? I've got free dolphin HD