Does your camera...

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does your camera beep or click when you first start it up? I'm not asking about when it is trying to autofocus. Mine does and I need to know if this is the hardware issue that will require me to get a replacement.

Jef

Reaction score
Mine Does...

BTW - Speaking of Camera, where can you turn off the Camera Click/Picture Taken Sound? It's very shrill....

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's a hardware issue or not, but it sure does seem that way. Mine does click or whatever you want to call it now when you start it up and when it's trying to focus (which it doesn't focus very well now either).

ahampton2k

Reaction score
Mine makes NO noise untill I take a picture so I am guessing you have a hardware issue.....but I could be deaf

NvrEnough

Reaction score
I have the beep and clicks as well. I was talking to a bunch of people at Verizon today and they all did the samething.

Zippster

Reaction score
I dont really have a click at start up, but am going to return to my verizon store tomorrow, my camera will almost never focus and is always red cornered, i can take my sons and shoot the same exact scene and its green most of the time with the occasional red.

pilot25

Reaction score
I dont really have a click at start up, but am going to return to my verizon store tomorrow, my camera will almost never focus and is always red cornered, i can take my sons and shoot the same exact scene and its green most of the time with the occasional red.

Please let us know what is the result. We all have 30 days and if a patch doesn't come out I'll be returning mine.

kkwan77

Reaction score
Does your camera beep or click when you first start it up? I'm not asking about when it is trying to autofocus. Mine does and I need to know if this is the hardware issue that will require me to get a replacement.

Yes, mine does this.

Bernardo

Reaction score
Mine Does...

BTW - Speaking of Camera, where can you turn off the Camera Click/Picture Taken Sound? It's very shrill....

If your volume is on vibrate, the camera sound will not occur during a picture.

msumack

Reaction score
I am pretty sure it is a new law that all camera phone must make a noise when a picture is taken. This is to protect unsuspecting people from being filmed...at least I think that is the case

richie1378

Reaction score
Next time you activate the camera mode, look closely at the lens (if it clicks). You can see the lens moving in and out, but is it supposed to do that? I have yet to see a definite yes or no on that part though?

bassic83

Reaction score
Yeah, that's the autofocus.

As far as it being a law, it's to prevent pervs from doing upskirts in stores and such. It was due to some lady getting pissed because it happened to her and beating the snot out of some dude she didn't know. I remember seeing it on the news a couple years back.

cgarnes

Reaction score
I think it has a "Predator-like" (as in the movie, "Predator") clicking noise... a sort of techie-sound... but I have no high-pitched noises.

nesha102186

Reaction score
it depends on what mode it was setted. if it was set on speed shot of 10 shots per second.

Stigy

Reaction score
it depends on what mode it was setted. if it was set on speed shot of 10 shots per second.
Two week old thread and I'm not even sure what this means...?

Not sure this is very relevant anymore since auto-focus is temporarily fixed.