Does Verizon offer a student discount?

Dudly

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a college student (pretty broke) but Verizon is really the only carrier that has good service on my campus. I wanna get a Droid and switch to Verizon but I was wondering if they offered any kind of student discount...

stead2120

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a college student (pretty broke) but Verizon is really the only carrier that has good service on my campus. I wanna get a Droid and switch to Verizon but I was wondering if they offered any kind of student discount...

Wow, I remember when I was in college, I didn't even have a cell phone, just pre-paid phone cards from Sam's Club :) . Are you under your parents plan, do you do pre-paid?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Not that I know of. Would be great if they did...

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Hi,

Yes and no.

I went to Rutgers and if you are able to navigate to the Verizon wireless web page for business discounts you can enter your college email.

Basically they are offering the discount for faculty, but because your email is linked to the school you get the discount too.

I've been out of school for 3 years now and I still get the discount. They don't follow up and once you sign up with your school email you can change the account to your primary email at any time without losing the discount.

Verizon doesn't offer to all schools, but a lot of my friends at big schools were able to do the same (actually from a friend is how I found out about this).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

MagicBubbles

Reaction score
my brother has verizon and has claimed that going through student rate has worked for him.

cool beans.

nikecar

Reaction score
We have it for our employees at this school, so if you can look in its HR's website for some employee benefits page, you might find it there. Ours is listed there with discounts for ATT/TMO/VZW.

There should be a contact person's name that you just email via the EDU email and say you want the discount.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
well if youre broke, the little discounts doesnt help much...10% of 100 is still 100. since u need add in 'other' taxes and charges they put on. unless student discount is like 30%+ i say go with the prepaid walmart smart talk thing. 45 bucks for unlimited data and some high minutes and text plus android base phone. i believe they use vzw tower for that service also. just a thought

Flyer

Reaction score
most deals can be used by anyone on the site, specific student deals will only be seen if you registered with your school email

MagicBubbles

Reaction score
yeah, they can tell if you're a student or not by what kind of email you sign up with.
if it's not an .edu, you will be marked as a non-student

Flyer

Reaction score
yeah, they can tell if you're a student or not by what kind of email you sign up with.
if it's not an .edu, you will be marked as a non-student

did they just recently start doing that?

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I went to Syracuse University and they gave us discounts at AT&T and Verizon. It could have just been for employees, but we could use it too. I'm guessing your school has to work with Verizon to get the discount set up. I think it was like 10% at the time when I looked into it. Depending on what you choose for your data, calling, and texting options, it's going to run about $100 a month, so a 10% discount won't help all that much.