Does this phone keep charging once it's 100% ?

Aluminum21

Reaction score
On the droid it would light up when charging then the light would turn off when it was done and you didn't have to worry about over charging the phone if you left it plugged in all night. I noticed with this phone the light turns green when charged and stays green. So is being over charged if I don't unplug it?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
On the droid it would light up when charging then the light would turn off when it was done and you didn't have to worry about over charging the phone if you left it plugged in all night. I noticed with this phone the light turns green when charged and stays green. So is being over charged if I don't unplug it?

No. You can't overcharge the battery thats no different then when my headset changes from red to blue. Can't be overcharged.

Remember to, it's not a Motorola phone, it's an Android phone. After that there could, and should be quite a few differences. But overcharge the battery, no, not at all.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What's interesting is the car charger I got, from Verizon, had a tag that says not to leave it plugged into the phone if the phone is charged. It gives estimated charging times too. I can't imagine plugging in and unplugging the phone while driving on a 2-3 hour road trip. Especially if using GPS as that would suck the battery down quickly.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
im wondering if i can use the same car charger as the droid?

I am !!!

It's actually the same one I had bought for my Storm 1.
Used it on my DROID too.
Now on my Incredible.

I see no problem using it on any of the devices that use the micro usb.

Weapondrift

Reaction score
my question would be does this still effect battery life in the Incredible, I read your post HookBill but that mainly referrs to the Moto droid.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
my question would be does this still effect battery life in the Incredible, I read your post HookBill but that mainly referrs to the Moto droid.

No you cant overcharge the battery so it will not effect battery life.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

It's not the phone it's the Li-ion batteries... Everyone still has the mindset from the old cell batteries.