Charging to 100% from 99% question

mikeinctown

Reaction score
OK, so HTC sent me a new battery and it seems to be slightly better, though I have about everything in the world disabled on my phone and that upsets me. So anyway when I charge it goes from about 10% to 99% in a few hours but I noticed that the last 1% charge can take almost an hour. Was wondering how long it takes you guys to hit that last 1%?

Also, I noticed if I leave it plugged in past that 100% that the light will stay green but when I wake the phone it will have gone down in charge. For example Yesterday I left it maybe a half hour past the 100% charge and when I woke the phone (still plugged in) the green light was on, no charge indicator was present and yet battery life said 97%. Does anyone else have a phone that does this?

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I do notice sometime the 99% to 100% takes awhile but I have never seen mine go down while on the charger.. I am not using the stock charger though. I am using a 550mah moto charger as opposed to the 1000mah htc charger.. it takes longer (and no I can't prove it) but I like to think it gives a "better" charge..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

scwchapman

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem as you. My phone will charge to 100% in less than two hours, but then the battery will drop to 97-99% and will not charge the remaining% until I unplug it and then plug it back in. I have also noticed that the last 1% takes me a while. I'm upset to hear that the new battery hasn't fixed your troubles, because my phone is having similar issues to some of your original posts.

jlb0305

Reaction score
i have the same problem of it dropping to 97% then not getting to 100% until i unplug it and plug it back in.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No issues here, have you all properly calibrated/power cycle the battery and gave it a full charge while the phone is off?

Noticed this was happening to me while on BAMF ROM but after a good calibration all was fine.

zacedward

Reaction score
How do you calibrate the battery

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How do you calibrate the battery

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

If you are NOT rooted:

-Use the phone until it dies from lack of charge
-Leave phone off! and place on charger
-Charge until fully charged and leave on for maybe another hour or so extra
-Unplug first then turn phone on

-repeat these steps one more time killing the phone from a full charger (meaning don't use a charger mid way through a discharge)

If you are ROOTED, repeat above but after you turn the phone back on use the app from the Market called "Battery Calibration (requires root)" to wipe the battery stats.

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
the last 1% has taken me a long time to get to with my first rezound, my insurance replacement rezound, and with all 3 standard HTC batteries (the original phone's battery, i bought a spare from htcpedia, then the insurance replacement came with a new battery and they didn't want it back)

Malkavian

Reaction score
I have also noticed that it seems like it takes forever for it to go from 99% to 100%. I have also noticed that when I take it off the charger at 100% it will drop to 95% within 20 minutes of use checking email, checking for updates, reading a bit of news, etc. I think I need to calibrate again.