Battery charge sticking at 99% when phone is on?

sicilianfool

Reaction score
Tried finding a thread addressing the issue, but didnt really find anything directly. Basically I have been having terrific battery life till today. My battery died in about 4 hours today with minimal use at best. Now after trying to charge it the only way I can get the charging indicator to hit 100% and turn green is to have the phone powered down. When powered down the green indicator will light up in about 5min. However if I power on the device the indicator will just stay orange and the battery will stay at 99%. After having the indicator show a full charge (while powered down) I immediately turned the phone on and plugged in into the charger. About an hour later still no luck. Any ideas? I have been messing with this issue for several hours now

EDIT: Never mind actually just found a solution. Kept the phone plugged into the charge during the boot up this time and the battery is now reading full. Still curious about the terrible battery life today and the problems I was experiencing before. Ill keep an eye on it for the next few days.

OP
S

sicilianfool

Reaction score
Actually, reopening this back up. Plugged the phone back into the charger before getting ready for bed (a few hours ago) phone was at about 90% charged prior to charging. Been chilling with some friends and just came to check on the phone and again the battery is just hanging at 98%. Gonna leave it till the morning I guess. Might try and screen cap the battery monitor after the overnight charge.

Its little things like this that will turn me to the GN, but I dont want to go lol!