Does the shape of the Galaxy S6 Edge create "mistakes" and "mis-touches"?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does the shape of the Galaxy S6 Edge create "mistakes" and "mis-touches"? Because it wraps around, do the edges cause problems with accidental taps and touches?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I recall reading that the phone knows the difference when held, tapped or swiped.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I did not have any issues of that when I was playing with it in the store. But interested in seeing real world everyday use as 10 mins in the store vs everyday use is different in some issues may not have been encountered during the 10 mins I played with it.

Reactions: cr6

lorasweet

Reaction score
Not sure about this.. but haven't really had any issues with the edges..

211SSW

Reaction score
I did not have any issues of that when I was playing with it in the store. But interested in seeing real world everyday use as 10 mins in the store vs everyday use is different in some issues may not have been encountered during the 10 mins I played with it.
It absolutely would for me. My fat fingers have issues with thin bezels now. Don't need/want no bezel.
I've got the worst big finger problem- have NO problem with use of the EDGE, in fact, putting most often used icons on the edge makes all more convenient-can continue doing screen related stuff while on phone call, etc. By far, EDGE is easiest cell to use ever.

211SSW

Reaction score
I've got the worst big finger problem- have NO problem with use of the EDGE, in fact, putting most often used icons on the edge makes all more convenient-can continue doing screen related stuff while on phone call, etc. By far, EDGE is easiest cell to use ever.
Also, as demonstation of my finger size, I've used BBKD (Big Buttons Keyboard Deluxe) which solves my problem & it's really huge on edge. Having built-in S-Pen also solves f finger issue.

stam101

Reaction score
Since I got the s6 edge on Friday I have not had any issues. There is one area where you swipe to access the edge info and it has no bearing on how I how the phone to talk or text.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Since I got the s6 edge on Friday I have not had any issues. There is one area where you swipe to access the edge info and it has no bearing on how I how the phone to talk or text.

That's pretty cool. Even though the S6 Edge has less functionality than the Note Edge that I have it makes sense that the activation area on the S6 Edge is smaller.

stam101

Reaction score
Thanks cr6 I got the 128GB version so I'm hoping it will be somewhat future proof.

mach330

Reaction score
I finally held one this wknd. It is a bit hard to hold on the edge as it's quite thin. But I'm hoping a case would help with that.

Tap'd via Note 4...

stam101

Reaction score
I also got the spine air cushion case gunmetal color. It makes gripping the phone feel nice. And aids in helping to not activate the edge contacts as well.