Does the DI have a Car Dock view?

Snacko

Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question, but I am looking into buying a car mount, and while reading some of the reviews it seems some mounts don't have the magnet to put the phone in car dock view.

So, I read that I can just use a refrigerator magnet to test the dock mode on my HTC Droid Incredible, but it doesn't work. I have tried about 5 different fridge magnets, and even flipped them around, but the DI did not show any dock view.

Does the HTC DI have a automatic dock view???

Danariel

Reaction score
The Dinc does NOT have a magnet-induced dock mode. There is, however, an app pre-installed called Car Panel. This is the Dinc's version.

To make it automatic, I use Tasker (which is a phenominally powerful app, but has a STEEP learning curve) so that when I plug in Power AND Headphone jack (AV into my car stereo) it starts the Car Dock program. I don't actually use Car Panel, I use Custom Car Home, which works better for my needs (you can swap out the programs on the page.)

OP
S

Snacko

Reaction score
Thanks. I also found some Dock apps that put it in car or home dock mode, but I think it's just as easy as to start those apps yourself.

OP
S

Snacko

Reaction score
When I open up the Car Panel app, open the Menu and click Settings, there is this option to check on/off:

Automatically Launch
Auto launch NavPanel in car kit mode

What is that for? How is the Droid Incredible going to automatically Launch the NavPanel (what is that?) and how does it get into this 'car kit mode'??