does my wife's droid have a virus?

segen77

Reaction score
Her phone started off by half the right side of the touch screen not working. I told her to pull the battery and put it back in after a few mins. When she turned it back on it started doing all sorts of crazy stuff, from opening the map, dialing numbers, it installed yelp, but the worst of it is that it started going in and deleting her e-mails. She's on the phone with verizon support now, but is it possible that the phone actually has a virus? I thought that these phones couldn't get virus's because of the OS or something like that.

Please let me know what you think.

BTW, since I've been typing this the VZ rep had her pull the battery, and it's been stuck at the droid eye screen for the last 3 mins.

OP
S

segen77

Reaction score
and, she is not aware of any recent apps that she's installed or updated. In fact she said that she has only uninstalled apps over the last few days.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No virus....most likely a rouge app....

They will tell here to do a factory reset...

OP
S

segen77

Reaction score
i figured as much. can you tell me how to do that so she doesn't have to wait on hold while the transfer her around.

OP
S

segen77

Reaction score
well, she did the factory reset, and it still came up doing all the crazy stuff. looks like it's off to the VZ store for a new phone.