Does Juice Defender do more harm or good? Or is it safe to use?

Mondingo

Reaction score
How many of you are running Juice Defender? And if so is it really safe or ok to have the data turn on and off every time the phone is in sleep mode and them waking it back up? I work in a 4g area and today will be my first day at work with the Bionic. Curious to see how battery life is with defender installed.. Thanks guys. Probably a dumb question, but I'm new to smartphones and thats why the forum is here..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

catfisher

Reaction score
I love juice defender. Way worth it to set the thing up.

Sent from my DX, while stomping zombies (1.7), and browsing Droidforums

mgarney26

Reaction score
To tell the truth imo its not that great...I have it on my phone and don't see that much of a difference

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

pistacio

Reaction score
Use the battery and data manager that's built in your phone ( battery mode). It basically does the same. I'm sure JD has more options, but it should work for you.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

idefiler6

Reaction score
I don't use either. I keep the phone on 3g unless I need mega speed, and the screen at 10% unless it's needed outside. I have a small amount of bloatware frozen. I'm getting more than 25 hours out of this thing, I have no idea because I plugged it in at 40% in the 25th hour. This is with moderate txt, email, forum, youtube use.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
The more you tweak JD the better it works... Been using it since it was just basic and use ultimate on all of my fones.

catfisher

Reaction score
Agreed, more adjustments are better over time. It improves my battery by 1.8x of normal use.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Natey2

Reaction score
I use the free JD. It basically shuts off your data connection and turns it back on for a short while at 30-minute intervals (my custom setting) to pick up email, etc.
Extends battery life fairly significantly. Suggests to me that my phone is making all kinds of data connections at all times that is draining the battery. Your battery savings will vary based on your phone, installed apps, and usage patterns.
Do a "Before" and "After" JD scenario, and post your results :)

See http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...gingerbread-battery-drain-13.html#post1634667

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

305rev305

Reaction score
Just get the extended battery...I for one just got it after over two years thinking it would look too big....BUT now I regret it not getting it sooner. I go all day on 4g with no charging. 8am to 12pm..LOVE IT

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Just get the extended battery...I for one just got it after over two years thinking it would look too big....BUT now I regret it not getting it sooner. I go all day on 4g with no charging. 8am to 12pm..LOVE IT

Lol, well 2 years ago extended batteries were actually much bigger than they are today, so...

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had it on my D1 and really didn't see any change. It said it had doubled my battery, but it lasted the same amount of time. You do have to tweak to make it work better. For example, it was turning on the wifi when there was no wifi to use.

I'd say give it a shot over several days.

69copo

Reaction score
I use JD Ultimate with the extended battery and ZDBox. I have JDU set to extreme with a 20% threshold. ZDB is set to kill apps when screen times out (after 2 minutes). My screen is set to 20%. Right now I still have 80% and I've been off a charge since 9:00 pm yesterday with moderate use email text calling on Bluetooth and a few YouTube vids and wifi on. I'm very satisfied with this.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The problem with Juice Defender and other task killers is that the tasks just keep restarting. So they really are not worth anything.

I found the perfect solution to long term battery like, turn off email, syncing, volume, the screen, and the power. Days worth.