Does droid x2 have a sim slot?

rehkhan97

Reaction score
Hi

I would like to know if the droid x2 has a sim slot because i am intrested in selling my samsung galaxy s 4g for the droid x2.

I would also like to know if selling the galaxy s 4g is a good trade to buy the droid x2,

and also, would a t-mobile sim work in the droid x2 if it has a sim slot?

Thanks.

droidx2.3.3

Reaction score
Short answer is. No. The Droid x2 does not have a similar slot. Many (almost all) of Verizons phones are cdma I believe that's what its called. Which means no similar card.

OP
R

rehkhan97

Reaction score
yes, verizon phones are cdma but i heard that some come with a sim slot. does the droid x2 have a sim slot and would it work with tmobile if i unlocked it?

OP
R

rehkhan97

Reaction score
but on the motorolla website it does say that the phone is business ready. so doesnt that mean it should be compatible? because i thought business ready phones would have gsm capability.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
but on the motorolla website it does say that the phone is business ready. so doesnt that mean it should be compatible? because i thought business ready phones would have gsm capability.
Seriously? Thats just advertising, saying you can use it for business... You're thinking of global... Like the droid 2 global​...

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
The only reason they have sim cards is for the 4g lte network... Verizon 3g cdma doesn't use sims...

No all Verizon global phones have gsm Sim card slots such as the blackberry tour blackberry storm 2 out the Droid 2 global

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Some of vzw phones have sim card slots in them. The LTE phones have them for LTE and the others have them for GLOBAL roaming.

There are phones like the Pro and DROID 2 Global that can use both AT&T and T-Mobiles bands. But the bands are locked by Verizon. Team Black Hat has created a way to unlock these bands to work on the above networks. But the phones have to be on a certain f/w and have the Sim card slot unlocked (vzw will give you the code if you ask)

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Some of vzw phones have sim card slots in them. The LTE phones have them for LTE and the others have them for GLOBAL roaming.

There are phones like the Pro and DROID 2 Global that can use both AT&T and T-Mobiles bands. But the bands are locked by Verizon. Team Black Hat has created a way to unlock these bands to work on the above networks. But the phones have to be on a certain f/w and have the Sim card slot unlocked (vzw will give you the code if you ask)

there are some requirements to get them unlocked though

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
there are some requirements to get them unlocked though

You just have to be in good financial standing with vzw and a customer for more than 6 months.

OP
R

rehkhan97

Reaction score
ok but i also saw that the droid 3 has gsm capabilities. would i be able to use this phone?