Does droid x2 have a sim slot?

OP
R

rehkhan97

Reaction score
If you can get VZW to unlock the phone and you can flash it then yes you could

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DROID forums!

so if i unlock and flash a droid 3, it woukd work with tmobile?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
so if i unlock and flash a droid 3, it woukd work with tmobile?

Depends. First off neither the Pro or D2 Global supports T-Mobiles 3G network so you'll be only on edge. I can't say the D3 is like this.

In fact I don't know if the D3 has had those bands unlocked yet. TBH JUST released an easier way to do this on the two above.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
R

rehkhan97

Reaction score
Depends. First off neither the Pro or D2 Global supports T-Mobiles 3G network so you'll be only on edge. I can't say the D3 is like this.

In fact I don't know if the D3 has had those bands unlocked yet. TBH JUST released an easier way to do this on the two above.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

i think t mobile does run on a 1900 mhz frequency, and on the motorola website, it says that the droid 3 runs on: GSM 850/900/1800/1900. so if the droid 3 supports 1900 mhz frequency, tmobile 3g should work on the droid 3 right?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
i think t mobile does run on a 1900 mhz frequency, and on the motorola website, it says that the droid 3 runs on: GSM 850/900/1800/1900. so if the droid 3 supports 1900 mhz frequency, tmobile 3g should work on the droid 3 right?

I'm going by what's on the TBH post for this. Which can be found here: TBH US GSM Band Unlock for Droid 2 Global and Pro Update.zip Public Release
According to them
This allows all bands for AT&T including HSPA+ but on T-Mobile it is limited to EDGE data because their deployment of their high speed data network is on a band not supported by the MDM6600 chipset.

After doing a google search I found a post by KBMAN (CellZealot) saying the Droid 3 uses the MDM6600 chipset.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Not on T-Mobile.

Even at that I don't know if they have unlocked those bands on the D3. So I'm not sure if the D3 can be used on US GSM carriers yet.