Does anyone use airplane mode?

itwerk

Reaction score
Other than on airplanes, does anyone use airplane mode to conserve battery life?

johall07

Reaction score
Other than on airplanes, does anyone use airplane mode to conserve battery life?

nope i mean i cant really see it making that big of a difference the only thing that really kills my battery is the display

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

nope i mean i cant really see it making that big of a difference the only thing that really kills my battery is the display

exactly..... i get about a day and a half out of a single charge with medium to heavy usage and everything on (Wi-Fi, GPS, BT, Brightests screen setting)

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score

exactly..... i get about a day and a half out of a single charge with medium to heavy usage and everything on (Wi-Fi, GPS, BT, Brightests screen setting)

I would get decent battery usage if people didn't text me 24/7 lol. I've never used airplane mode and never plan to unless i'm on an airplane.

cisco0910

Reaction score
I'll be on my first plane for first time since owning my drops april 6th. I think it'll be my first time using it since being an owner since november

R1Lover

Reaction score
Might as well turn it off lol

If you want to save battery, then after about 8 hours see what is using the most battery under battery usage.... most likely it's the display... if so then turn down your brightness and quit playing with it. lol

eliassami5

Reaction score
ok..if you want your phone to be useless. You wont receive any incoming calls or any transmissions to the phone for that matter. Just turn the phone off and take the battery out while ur at it lol

metsnfins

Reaction score
i use it in my friends basement, and i connect to his wifi to keep using the web, but my battery doesnt drain from no signal

htbyron

Reaction score
I use it at our cabin, where there is no VZW signal, to keep the phone from searching for a cell signal and draining the battery. That way I still have access to my contacts (for the wireline phone), calendar, games, Aldiko reader, etc.

searayman

Reaction score
use juice defender to save battery life. Its kind of like airplane mode but scheduled. There is a article about this app in my sig below.