Does anyone know how to deny an update to Lollipop?

WhoDunIt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
My co-worker has an M8 and really enjoys it as it is. He does not want to update to Lollipop. Of course he gets notified every time he turns his phone on. He only has an option to delay the update by less than 24 hours and will then be asked again and has to repeat the process all over again. Is there a way to halt the update and update notifications?

OP
WhoDunIt

WhoDunIt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Basically no. After so long it will force the update. Unless he roots it, then there's ways to halt it.

Ok. Thanks for the reply. That's what I was finding but just took a shot.....

shockracer

Reaction score
I wish I would have pushed my M8 back on the update. Haven't been happy with Lollipop at all.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I wish I would have pushed my M8 back on the update. Haven't been happy with Lollipop at all.
Have you tried clearing the system cache and/or doing a factory reset? A reset can be a pain, but it often clears up little glitches with the install of such a big update. That is, if your complaints are of poor performance or things not working like they should vs. not liking the Material design makeover/etc.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had lollipop a couple of weeks and the apps are just really beginning to update to "5." or "lollipop" compatible so as they update you should see your phone get less buggy. Can't change the fugly fonts on things but it will get better , performance wise

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

shockracer

Reaction score
I've had lollipop a couple of weeks and the apps are just really beginning to update to "5." or "lollipop" compatible so as they update you should see your phone get less buggy. Can't change the fugly fonts on things but it will get better , performance wise

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

I know it will eventually, but I hate going from a perfect,everything works phone or device to a bug riddin lagging out device, kinda like when upgrading to Vista back in the day.

shockracer

Reaction score
Have you tried clearing the system cache and/or doing a factory reset? A reset can be a pain, but it often clears up little glitches with the install of such a big update. That is, if your complaints are of poor performance or things not working like they should vs. not liking the Material design makeover/etc.

Haven't done a FDR yet but have cleared the cache on everything. it's the small things that get to me like Pandora thumbs up/down play/pause not being in the drop-down menu, or moving the browser tabs to the not located in the browser anymore.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Haven't done a FDR yet but have cleared the cache on everything. it's the small things that get to me like Pandora thumbs up/down play/pause not being in the drop-down menu, or moving the browser tabs to the not located in the browser anymore.
You can change that option in the browser. It's under the settings. Turn "merge tabs & apps" off.

Sent from my Note 4

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know it will eventually, but I hate going from a perfect,everything works phone or device to a bug riddin lagging out device, kinda like when upgrading to Vista back in the day.
I agree. 2 words; Android fragmentation. With ios if there's a bug it's usually in the update itself because an iTunes sync does an fdr before a new install every time it syncs, no matter the reason and their apps are more times than not new version ready at install. With Android it's a crap shoot as to the culprit.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4