Documents

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Hello!

I am in the process of trying to find a good document/text/word viewer/editor and I know trying to browse through the market is like trying to find a diamond earring in the ocean. I've also tried to search the forums, but I'm not finding much based on the search queries and the lack of tag usage.

So, I was curious what good document/text/word apps there were. I'm willing to pay for a more expensive app if it gets the job done, considering this is a school based need.

Thanks for any feed back

OP
nerdbox08

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Docs to Go is usually considered the gold standard. Might still be on sale for $10.

I think it is also, but does it handle .txt files also? How about .rtf? The free version doesn't appear to.

I gotta go look at that more.

pyro6128

Reaction score
I'm curious as well as to what a good doc app would be. Doc to go is still on sale for $10, I just don't know if its worth it

OP
nerdbox08

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I'm curious as well as to what a good doc app would be. Doc to go is still on sale for $10, I just don't know if its worth it

What bothers me is that it doesn't appear to support .txt or .rtf. .rtf I can live without, but .txt is ... well, important.

The free version surely doesn't support it.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Search the market for .txt and you will find several app that let you view, edit and creat txt documents.

DocToGo and several others will do the other file types.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

What bothers me is that it doesn't appear to support .txt or .rtf. .rtf I can live without, but .txt is ... well, important.

You can always buy it and you have 24 hours to uninstall and get a refund if it doesn't work.

OP
nerdbox08

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Search the market for .txt and you will find several app that let you view, edit and creat txt documents.

DocToGo and several others will do the other file types.

This is what I am currently doing.

I think I've determined that I just need it to be able to view, not edit. So I am also look at book readers.

OP
nerdbox08

nerdbox08

Reaction score

You can always buy it and you have 24 hours to uninstall and get a refund if it doesn't work.

I'm highly considering this option.