DockRunner for Droid

searayman

Reaction score
needs a better way to go into and out of dock mode, or more so out of...could it hijack the picture button and let us hit that to get it back to normal?

adam8ch

Reaction score
needs a better way to go into and out of dock mode, or more so out of...could it hijack the picture button and let us hit that to get it back to normal?

I set it as a quick launch app. Settings > Applications > Quick Launch

I set it as keypad shortcut: search + d

iraparks

Reaction score
how exactly do you use quick launch, which keys do you use to activate... new to quick launch
:icon_eek:

adam8ch

Reaction score
how exactly do you use quick launch, which keys do you use to activate... new to quick launch
:icon_eek:

On the physical keypad there is a search button. Looks just like the search button, on the touch screen. You press that button and whatever lettered key to trigger the app. You can even use the touch search + keypad to launch. If the virtual keyboard was multitouch you could probably trigger them from the virtual keypad.

Gunghoray

Reaction score
This is SUPERB! I was looking around VerizonWireless and other vendors trying to find the Multimedia dock. NO NEED NOW.

I used the Storm dock for the past year and loved it. This little piece of software replaces it. Good find.

I got the car mount today. Works just as advertised. Well pleased.

Prof. Ray
recovering Storm abuser

Gunghoray

Reaction score
I don't know about ABUSED, but I'm sure this app will be USED. This is my new STORM replacement alarm clock.

As a prof, I have a different wake-up call time every day. The Droid app is perfect for tweaking my schedule to college classes. Now if Audible.com would just create an audible book application, I'd be done.

Prof. Ray
Recovering Storm Abuser

smilepak

Reaction score
I was just checking out the market and found this awesome application.

DockRunner allows for your phone to go INTO the multimedia dock mode without the phone actually being in the dock. You probably just need to make a stand for the phone to sit in yourself, but that isn't too hard.

I just wish the charging port was on the other side. I will update this post when I can find the app on Androlib, but its definitely in the market.

Search for DockRunner.

Good stuff thanks....here is a write up..

DaHarder

Reaction score
Installed, works as advertised, glad I returned my dock last night. thanks a bunch.

Why's that?

I find the DROID Dock to be very a convenient and good looking way to charge the phone.

One thing that it could use is an audio out jack so as to hook it into an audio system.

thrashtrash

Reaction score
first

this is the first useful and informative post i have seen on this web site. i miss xda but good post man!

Audiophobe

Reaction score
I downloaded it and I couldn't get out of landscape mode. I had to reboot. I deleted the app and may retry.
Is there an app for navigation dock?

sir

Reaction score
you get out of landscape mode by running the app again.

I actually ran into the issue where after you use dockrunner, then run it again to put it back into portrait mode, once I locked the phone I couldn't get it to turn back on. Tried everything. Had to pull the battery.

Lots of people are noting this. I'm going to throw an email to the developer and see what sort of info they have on this.