Milestone / Droid Multimedia Dock Bug (not DockRunner)

CalvinHartwell

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've had my phone for just over a month now and I ran into this strange bug a few hours ago.

I'm not sure if this has been demonstrated before but it tricks the phone into thinking it has been connected to the Motorola Multimedia Dock, without any additional software (such as DockRunner).

I am going to purchase the dock at some point, but this allows you to test out the dock software without needing to install simulation software or even plug it in. I will try and work out how it happens later.

Here's the video:

[video=youtube;zgrTTWk9z3s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgrTTWk9z3s"]YouTube - Motorola Milestone / Droid - Free Dock Bug - No DockRunner Required[/video]

Regards,

- Calvin

Last edited:

PureIce

Reaction score
That's not a bug, what's happening is when you get it close to the laptop you are putting over where the hard drive is. The hard drive has some pretty strong magnets in it so it trips the dock mode.

OP
C

CalvinHartwell

Reaction score
That's not a bug, what's happening is when you get it close to the laptop you are putting over where the hard drive is. The hard drive has some pretty strong magnets in it so it trips the dock mode.

Have you tried doing this with a regular harddrive?