Docking station/Stand for use WITH case

OP
KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bump...
Trying to help out Droid-john, he has four of these great stands left. For those concerned about the price I can say they are well worth it. They are very well constructed out of surprisingly thick metal (much thicker and heavier than it appears on the site, the total weight is close to the stock/OEM dock). I'm ordering a second one. This will be the last run of them because he has lost his advertising on this site (the OP was deleted by the mods and probably only a matter of time before this one is).

slinky

Reaction score
Looks nice. My only issue with theses stands are that I would like them to have a built in place to just put the droid onto the mini usb plug. Having loose cables and power adapters flying around isn't much to my liking and one of the main reasons I get a cradle, if at all.

OP
KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looks nice. My only issue with theses stands are that I would like them to have a built in place to just put the droid onto the mini usb plug. Having loose cables and power adapters flying around isn't much to my liking and one of the main reasons I get a cradle, if at all.

There was a gentleman on the OP that modded his to correct that issue. I have the parts (less than $5 in parts, just a short adapter cable, some epoxy and a small piece of backing) and will do mine this week, I'll send you some pics and the parts list if you want.

MJ5150

Reaction score
Bump...
Trying to help out Droid-john, he has four of these great stands left. For those concerned about the price I can say they are well worth it. They are very well constructed out of surprisingly thick metal (much thicker and heavier than it appears on the site, the total weight is close to the stock/OEM dock). I'm ordering a second one. This will be the last run of them because he has lost his advertising on this site (the OP was deleted by the mods and probably only a matter of time before this one is).

I ordered two at the same time you did. I love this stand. Very, very good quality.

I thought it would be cool to have it so the plug is in a fixed spot, but I switch out from the Body Glove case, the Verizon case, and no case, so the plug would have to be at a different depth to accommodate each of those. I just decided to tuck the plug neatly into the stand when not in use.

Get one while you can folks. These stands are the real deal!

-Mike

OP
KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought it would be cool to have it so the plug is in a fixed spot, but I switch out from the Body Glove case, the Verizon case, and no case, so the plug would have to be at a different depth to accommodate each of those. I just decided to tuck the plug neatly into the stand when not in use.

Get one while you can folks. These stands are the real deal!

-Mike

That's what I was concerned about with securing the cable. Figured I'd use it for a week first to see. The other thing I've noticed is that aftermarket (or standard) micro-usb cables have spring loaded hooks/clasps to secure the cable in the phone. The connector on the OEM dock does not have these thus it can slide out/off easily. Unless you removed the pins/hooks on the cable I don't think you could get the phone off the cradle easily w/o having to hold the stand down (at least mine, the USB cable really sticks in quite well).