docking station/car dock/shock guard

cchhiipp

Reaction score
When I bought my Droid, the rep tried to get me to buy a combination of accessories, saying I could get discounts if I bought a few together. Three that he recommended were the docking station, the car dock, and the plastic shock guard that goes around the rim of the droid to protect it in case I drop it.

I only bought the shock guard at the time because I wanted to shop around for other docking type accessories. But now that I think about it, I am dubious that I could dock my Droid while it had all this extra plastic around the outside. I'm also kind of pissed that he would try to sell me accessories that aren't compatible with each other, but I guess sales agents are only concerned with selling.

Am I right, or do the docking stations take into account/have removable spacers to account for the shock guards?

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
The Moto car dock and charging station are not compatible with any cases.
The Droid needs to be naked to fit into these 2 accessories.

BTW, I have both and they're both excellent.
I carry my Droid completely naked.

jasonb

Reaction score
The Moto car dock and charging station are not compatible with any cases.
The Droid needs to be naked to fit into these 2 accessories.

BTW, I have both and they're both excellent.
I carry my Droid completely naked.

Yup. I carry mine naked also and use both docks daily.

droidoesall

Reaction score
yup i love it. both docks are awesome. and tho only thing on my droid is the zagg invisible shield. other than that its pretty much naked

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Totally Nekkid !

You're right, the rep likely gets some more $$$ for the accessories. I used that to my advantage though, with my wife getting a phone, I took a car charger, pouch and got a 2Gb micro SD, the SD went into her phone.

msblueline

Reaction score
I carry mine naked too.

I use the Verizon DROID holster while on my belt.

When in the car, I attach it to the Moto car dock.

When at home, going to bed I place it in the Docking station.

All of them are great actually.

I have seen more for the DROID since it has been out than I have for the Blackberry Storm 1 or 2 since it has been out...

Kinda says something about that huh?

msblueline

PhoneSter

Reaction score
I've got this case - back snaps off very easy for use in the night dock stand... front stays on (its harder to get off)
Shell / Holster Combo From verizon

Attachments

• mot_droid_rubberized_swivel_holster.png
    mot_droid_rubberized_swivel_holster.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 570

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've got this case - back snaps off very easy for use in the night dock stand... front stays on (its harder to get off)
Shell / Holster Combo From verizon

this case confuses me....

when you unclip it from your phone is the front no longer protected? crazy looking thing....

The Shredder

Reaction score
I think people who buy crap from the Verizon store need to be educated. I have bought all my crap off ebay for a fraction of the cost.

When I needed a 4gb micro sd for my Glyde I got it off ebay for $13. Not the $30 the rep tried pressing on me. When I bought my Droid the rep pressed all that crap on me.

I got a car charger for 0.99 cents(free shipping) off ebay and a car mount for $5(free shipping). I have no idea what those costs at the store but I know a lot more than I am willing to pay.

I also think the dock is a joke. It should have had speakers or something! It's a $30 charger. I hope the dock app updates to flip it around and the dock will be very useless if that happens.

REMilk

Reaction score
I have the Body Glove brand holster. This looks like the 2-piece that Phonester displays. I picked mine up at Verizon. The bottom snaps off, with a little work, and it fits in both the car cradle and the desktop (multi-media) charger.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shame on that sales rep trying to make a living. To be honest, he probably didn't know that it wouldn't fit the car dock or multimedia dock. I use both, and in fact have 2 multimedia docks, one for in the computer/hamshack and the other on my nightstand. I also carry mine naked and have no plans on ever wrapping something around it. I also carried a naked Storm for a year before that and no scratches on the screen.

PhoneSter

Reaction score
how well do you like the case is it easy to use with your phone
I love the case, back snaps off very easy for night time docking - The front does come off, but is alittle more work... hense is only drawback for me... can't use in the droids car navi dock. It's ruff enough for me to where at work, nice enough to wear around town.

this case confuses me....

when you unclip it from your phone is the front no longer protected? crazy looking thing....

The case has a front cover and back. very durable if drop, etc.. I work in ruff enviroments and case is good enough for me.