Doc to Go Problem

barryp3403

Reaction score
Spreadsheet problems on DataViz Docs to Go

I tried DataViz “Documents to Go” on my Droid. I had used it on various Palm devices and it is a great program.

The current version (2.003) would not show my spreadsheets correctly. I use spreadsheets mostly for scheduling and keeping records so they are long (300 to 500 rows) and narrow (3 to 5 columns) with no complex formulas.

The DOC program and PDF viewer seemed to work fine (I bought the full version) but the spreadsheet viewer scrambled my columns and rows in a strange way. I asked for and e-mail confirms I received a refund.

Anyone else experience this problem? Is it peculiar to Android 2.0?

DarrellM5

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. Some of my data is scrambled. Is there an alternative to this program? I need to be able to work with all 4 types of documents, but spreadsheet is the most important.

DaHarder

Reaction score
You guys are not alone... I'm having similar issues - hmm?

hawkeyes

Reaction score
I loaded Documents To Go full version on my Droid and it scrambles the Excel files that are a data file, like a name list. I have used this program on my BB with no problem. I can't seem to get any support from DataViz on this. Anyone have ideas? By the way I love the Droid. The best Smartphone I have ever used and I have had them all. Thanks

fegriffith

Reaction score
I loaded Documents To Go full version on my Droid and it scrambles the Excel files that are a data file, like a name list. I have used this program on my BB with no problem. I can't seem to get any support from DataViz on this. Anyone have ideas? By the way I love the Droid. The best Smartphone I have ever used and I have had them all. Thanks

I thought it was just me. I had a spreadsheet with my monthly credit card charges...business on the left rows 1 - 30 (or however many rows it is), and then columns for C1, C2 and Balance. But across the TOP of my spreadsheet it took some of the business names and filled them across the row???

Very strange.

jwc194

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you know we're on top of this. Looks like some unanticipated changes in Android 2.0 are causing an issue. We'll get it corrected/updated as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience!

Jason
DataViz, Inc.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you know we're on top of this. Looks like some unanticipated changes in Android 2.0 are causing an issue. We'll get it corrected/updated as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience!

Jason
DataViz, Inc.

Well thanks for letting us know :) We always value input, esp from those who make the program.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just to let you guys know an update did come out, please see if this has fixed your problems. Update does include xls fixes.

OP
barryp3403

barryp3403

Reaction score
I just got word from DataViz that they fixed the spreadsheet problem. I re-downloaded "documents to go" and it works great. :)

jwc194

Reaction score
You guys beat me to it! But yes, we did release an update. I hope its working for all of you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jason
DataViz, Inc.

ToddP0530

Reaction score
Is there an advantage to having Docs to go? I have been able to open .doc and .pdf files just fine. I haven't tried an excel document yet, though. Please let me know ... and what is the difference between the free version of docs to go and the paid version. I presume it's editing function in the paid.

hawkeyes

Reaction score
Reload

I downloaded again and for some reason it still is scrambled. Where and how did you get the update? Thanks

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I downloaded again and for some reason it still is scrambled. Where and how did you get the update? Thanks

Updates can be found inside the app market, then hit the menu button and go to downloads, you will see all the installed apps, and see if there are updates available.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is there an advantage to having Docs to go? I have been able to open .doc and .pdf files just fine. I haven't tried an excel document yet, though. Please let me know ... and what is the difference between the free version of docs to go and the paid version. I presume it's editing function in the paid.

The paid version not only can open .doc .xml, it can also open power point files, edit the files, and also open up pdfs.

DarrellM5

Reaction score
Installed the update and now mine is working fine. Thanks DataVis for handling this so quickly.