droid opens xls files with quickoffice instead of docs to go

lastonestanding

Reaction score
I have purchased the full version of docs to go, but when I get an excel file emailed to me and open it on my droid it opens in quickoffice, so I cannot make any changes to it.

how do you set docs to go as the default program for xls?

i can go to settings, applications, manage applications, and select documents to go full version, and only options are uninstall and force stop. cache and launch by default are greyed out and unavailable.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can you delete quick office? See if those buttons that are grayed out become available.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have purchased the full version of docs to go, but when I get an excel file emailed to me and open it on my droid it opens in quickoffice, so I cannot make any changes to it.

i can go to settings, applications, manage applications, and select documents to go full version, and only options are uninstall and force stop. cache and launch by default are greyed out and unavailable.

Not sure this will help, but give it a try.

Settings>Applications>ManageApplications>Menu>Filter:ALL

That will give you access to QuickOffice. If you can do so, try clearing the data, the cache, and the default box (assuming that any/all are accessible.)

This assumes, of course, that you have at least power cycled your phone since you added Documents To Go and set it as your default. (You can also try a battery pull. That sometimes does a better housecleaning job than just power cycling the pone.)

P.S. Ignore the space between "Filt" and "er". For some reason I cannot remove it. :)

drpaulk

Reaction score
Stopping Quickoffice default and using Docs To Go

Not sure this will help, but give it a try.

Settings>Applications>ManageApplications>Menu>Filter:ALL

That will give you access to QuickOffice. If you can do so, try clearing the data, the cache, and the default box (assuming that any/all are accessible.)

This assumes, of course, that you have at least power cycled your phone since you added Documents To Go and set it as your default. (You can also try a battery pull. That sometimes does a better housecleaning job than just power cycling the pone.)

P.S. Ignore the space between "Filt" and "er". For some reason I cannot remove it. :)

This worked perfect for me - after doing what is described above, the next time I attempted to open an attached PPT file, I had the option of using and defaulting to DTG - THANKS jsh1120!