Do you think Verizon will offer an early upgrade again this year?

Sanitarium09

Reaction score
Like they did last summer when the Droid X came out, do you think they will allow anyone who is do for an upgrade this year to upgrade early when, say, the Droid Bionic or the Thunderbolt come out? I hope they do but it almost feels like that was a ploy to get more people to stay on Verizon when the iPhone 4 came out on ATT.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling they are way behind with LTE subs given the delay with the TBolt....So my answer is "yes"

tommyb38

Reaction score
I am pretty confident there will be no early upgrade promotion from Verizon, but I could be wrong. With all of the other promo's like NE2 and annual upgrades being terminated, it just seems that there will be no deals.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

They just announced that they got rid of their new every two. Early upgrade???

Most of the country could give a flying crap about the Thunderbolt. It's just that everyone that does has joined this forum.

I have a feeling the TB is going to be the biggest disappointment since people who had Beta Machines found out that VCR's were all going to VHS.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

They just announced that they got rid of their new every two. Early upgrade???

Most of the country could give a flying crap about the Thunderbolt. It's just that everyone that does has joined this forum.

I have a feeling the TB is going to be the biggest disappointment since people who had Beta Machines found out that VCR's were all going to VHS.

I totally agree Hook. I've given up on getting the Thunderbolt and simply purchased a HTC Inspire from Amazon. If that turns out to be a loser, I'm only out $59.99 vs close to $300.00 if I had waited and gotten the T-Bolt.

-Mike

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
The TB is not going to be a game changer by any means. As mentioned, so few people know about it, and that's because the complete lack of advertising. If it comes out on the 15th, Verizon has 6 days to do a media blitz on it hahaa...very unlikely that anyone other than those on this forum are clamoring for the thunderbolt...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

Which is why they may have to offer some incentives/early upgrades to move inventory. Better phones are around the corner and if they get LTE pricing wrong they're going to have to do something to push subs.