Do you still recommend motorola phones after google buys them?

KanUHearMeNow

Reaction score
I've always been happy with Motorola phones, and like my razr.
Do you think it matters that google is buying Motorola, and does this make you more or less likely to buy a Motorola in the future? Do you think they will get the best android support? Does this make other phone makers a poorer buy? I'm wondering about which brand to go with because I haven't gotten a new phone in a long time, and the last time I got one all people did with them was talk. ;) But now where I work I've gotten moved into a sales position and since we're an online company their going to get me a smart phone and I can pick any one I want. But I'm stumped on which way to go, and trust Motorola, but now wonder... Anyway, I appreciate your thoughts!
Or feel free to let me know if I worry too much. :)

tek112

Reaction score
I have always had faith in Motorola products. My Motorola e815 was the best call quality/reliable phone I ever had! Google, makes the best developer phones on the market, the Nexus phones. To, me, it sounds like a plus and a plus. However, if LG bought Motorola, I would buy an iPhone... :D

If there is any company out there to put your money on, it is Google. They are not going anywhere anytime soon, unlike Motorola who was going to scrap their mobile division until the DROID craze. Think about it, without Google, no DROID.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Motorola has always made good phones imo.

My SLVR was a very good phone and so was my OG Droid. Their phones don't feel plastic-y like HTC phones either, at least my Inc...

tek112

Reaction score
Very true! I don't like phones that feel cheap.

I'm still rocking the original DROID with Chevy's 5.5 ROM and it kicks. Just enough to tide me over until big red gets the DROID Prime/Galaxy Prime/Nexus Prime or whatever the hell they're gonna call it.

hookerdj

Reaction score
im rockin the same exact thing as you!!!! just wandering if motorola is going to sneak us one in before december??? motorola phones in my opinion are well built however i do not like motos blur/ sense like stock theme. if they had unlocked bootloaders like pappy og droid id scoop one up soon...
Very true! I don't like phones that feel cheap.

I'm still rocking the original DROID with Chevy's 5.5 ROM and it kicks. Just enough to tide me over until big red gets the DROID Prime/Galaxy Prime/Nexus Prime or whatever the hell they're gonna call it.