Do you hate the finger prints?

GoGators

Reaction score
I made an accidental but really cool discovery. Anyone heard of Goo Gone? Take a small amount on a paper towel and "clean" your screen. Then polish with a cloth, and voila, you can actually touch the screen without generating fingerprints all over it! Now when the phone sleeps, it shines!

Last edited:

heem

Reaction score
Cool. I think i'd be scared though, ha. I put one of verizon's plastic screen protector things on it.. which while does work and does keep the prints down (and protect the screen somewhat) the thing has lasted about 6 days and it's already coming off.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Ok, I am going to test this theory, I just put RainX on my Droid's Naked screen. I will let you know how it holds up. Someone had to try it :p

I wasn't to thrilled with the screen protectors either.

OP
GoGators

GoGators

Reaction score
Rain-X. Good thought! When the Goo Gone wears off, maybe I'll try that. The fingerprings really look poor. I am always wiping the phone on my shirt.

Edit: OK: Let's see Jim's result. You are the guinea pig!

Last edited:

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Rain-X. Good thought! When the Goo Gone wears off, maybe I'll try that. The fingerprings really look poor. I am always wiping the phone on my shirt.

I do notice now, that when I wipe the screen off, it's so much slicker, and cleans really fast.

Stigy

Reaction score
Goo Gone is nasty stuff...

Rain-x on the other hand I will definitely try. I will try it over my screen protector as well.

OP
GoGators

GoGators

Reaction score

Rain-x on the other hand I will definitely try. I will try it over my screen protector as well.
Don't pour Goo Gone on the phone. I used about two drops on a small paper towel to get of some lame residue from the original phone sticky applique. Then wiped it with my glasses chamois. It has never looked better.

Drukan

Reaction score
Sounds like a kickass idea... i use rainX on my truck constantly.... so i already got some!

For those that actually like the idea of screen protectors... dont use that VERIZON $h!t...

Pay a lil more for some quality and get Ghost Armour!!! You can get it at just about any Mall , or Best buy! I been using it on every touchscreen ive had... from the dare to the storm to the DROID... cant beat it!!

Stigy

Reaction score

Don't pour Goo Gone on the phone. I used about two drops on a small paper towel to get of some lame residue from the original phone sticky applique. Then wiped it with my glasses chamois. It has never looked better.
I am going to stick to the rain-x at first and see how it holds up.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

crap and I just dipped it into a bowl of it.....

no wonder it wouldn't turn on

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
Pay a lil more for some quality and get Ghost Armour!!! You can get it at just about any Mall , or Best buy! I been using it on every touchscreen ive had... from the dare to the storm to the DROID... cant beat it!!

Do they make Ghost Armour custom fit for the Droid or do you have to cut it?

Currently have the cheap $$it from Verizon and it's already peeling off.