Do you hate the finger prints?

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Ok, so I have had Rain-x on my screen for 24 hours now. I still get the normal fingerprint marks. But they do wipe clean alot easier then ever before. So in my opinion, It does help. Not a perfect solution. But I am going to keep using it for now.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Anyone else still using RainX? Hows it working for you ?

Zippster

Reaction score
I have a real nice micro fiber cloth, wipe mine down once or twice a day and no real issues for me.

bass_lover1

Reaction score
One thing I miss about my 3GS, that olephobic screen coating really did work.

Finger prints didn't look as thick/heavy and I could clean them off with the back of my hand.

The Droid is pretty easy to clean off, but the finger prints look pretty bad if you don't.

PS, does anyone else notice a rainbow effect in the screen if it catches the light just right?

sustained

Reaction score
Along the lines of Rain-X, I used a product called Brillianize on mine. It is an anti-static cleaner and polish made specifically to work on plastics and glass. I've been using it on various things for a dozen years. Even used it on previous phones. It has never yellowed or fogged up. It is completely transparent and makes the surface smooth and anti-static so dust doesn't stick to it. And any fingerprints, ear oil (!) or smudges easily wipe right off with usually one swipe.

After seeing the video where the guy tried to scratch the screen with keys I don't see the need for a screen protector. Although I am always careful with it. And Brillianize takes care of the rest.

This was mentioned before. Do not spray the phone. Spray a cloth with a little and apply.

Rain-X sounds like a real good idea too. I think any quality product made for glass would work well.

Note, I have no connection at all with Brillianize. I just like it, have experience with it, so I thought I would mention it. I got mine at a Tap Plastics store. But they have a web site.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Side Note for me too: I HAVE NO CONNECTION or Financial Interest In Rain-X either :icon_ devil: I just like the stuff :p