Do you ever have problems unlocking your Droid?

mitchb2

Reaction score
About 50% of the times I get a call, I can't unlock the screen. It just sits there and ignores my input.

I've had several phone interviews this week and the added stress of this issue is something I don't need.

I'm using Launcher Pro. Could it be tied to that?

dolpns13

Reaction score
I use launcher pro right now and have actually quite a few issues with it. Nothing that has to do with the unlock as I use the MyLock app to get rid of the lock screen, but every so often, my shortcuts will erase on launcher pro and I will have to reassign them, sometimes it force closes, but thats not a big deal cause it just goes back to the home screen.

I have launcher pro and helix. I liked helix because it seemed more stable, but Launcher pro is lightening fast compared to Helix, so I deal.

When i didnt have MyLock, I had issues sliding the unlock button over because the phone would vibrate and because of that wouldnt really read my finger.. could that be an issue for you?

keithsmith22

Reaction score
I have that problem a lot. Drives me crazy, but I can't go back to just 3 screens. I need my 7.

xliderider

Reaction score
I have that problem with Launcher Pro and Froyo (FRF84b, Bugless Beast 0.4), but I'm using only 3 screens ATM. Sometimes the call answer screen will be wonky, with the answer and ignore sliders in an up/down orientation instead of side to side like it's supposed to be.

I'm bumping my minimum CPU speed up from 250mhz to 400mhz with set cpu. It seems to make a difference coming out of sleep/standby for the unlock screen and the call screen.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
About 50% of the times I get a call, I can't unlock the screen. It just sits there and ignores my input.

I've had several phone interviews this week and the added stress of this issue is something I don't need.

I'm using Launcher Pro. Could it be tied to that?

It's not a problem with Launcher Pro per se. My wife and I have both experienced the problem, as have others, before Launcher Pro and with it and without it now.

My guess is that it has to do with available memory and application switching in the multitasking environment when the phone happens to ring. Launcher Pro (or any combination of apps) may exacerbate the problem. If you are experiencing it only since you've installed Launcher Pro, you might try reducing its memory footprint.

Put simply, I suspect that the o/s is bombarded with demands and cannot service them all in a timely fashion if it's already involved in some other activity (like GPS locating or synching data.) That, I think, is why the behavior is unpredictable.

It appears that the use of myLock Phone Tools can help by providing a tap option rather than a swipe option to answer the phone, but even that is not foolproof. It also appears, by the way, that the worst thing you can do is to repeatedly swipe the screen in an effort to force the phone to answer. That may well only add to the demands on the o/s when it's already being bombarded.

Best procedure I've found is not to rush to answer the phone. Let it ring at least twice and then try swiping (or tapping if you're using myLock or Tedd's Phone Tools) to answer the phone. If it doesn't answer immediately, give it a second or two before trying again.