Do you believe Verizon will carry the Moto Nexus 6 and are you happy about it?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It seems like "pie in the sky" thinking that the Moto Nexus 6 might actually come to Verizon, but the rumors point to that. Do you believe them and are you excited about it?

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Not gonna happen, IMO. Verizon had their chance a couple of years back and made a total mess out of the launch of Google's flagship phone. Google was royally pissed and I don't blame them. Their response was to not offer their subsequent Nexus phones to Verizon and not offer a CDMA version period.

Sent from my Note 3, using magic ...

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I'm skeptical, at best. As already posted, Verizon botched the previous Nexus program and I just don't see Google willing to go through that again.

On the flip side though, Verizon seems to have a pretty good relationship with Motorola with it's Droid line so who knows.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Skeptical. It'd be great if they do carry it, but the way they carry out with OTAs it won't be a Nexus experience at all. They had their chance with the Galaxy Nexus and they royally screwed that one up from the beginning.

It may be a Nexus, but that's it. You won't get the Nexus experience that it's meant to have, instead you'll get nothing but frustration due to the carrier.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
giphy.gif

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well... Vzw has been carrying the nexus 7 4g tablet...perhaps they've cleaned up their act??? Idk.

If they do carry this device.. I'll be conflicted.. Do I go after it or the Droid turbo.. The turbo is probably going to have a better battery... But until they're announced.. Who knows..

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
While options are great, I'm glad I didn't have this many great devices to choose from when I decided to upgrade! For me it was between the One M8, S5 & G3 and that was difficult enough!

tap'n on my S5

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
<----- holding breath for CMD boot loader OEM unlock. It'll be a sneaky Verizon/moto trick without that.
I'm
Same here. I am planning to get the Nexus 6. But because it doesn't have an SD card slot I need to root it, unlock the boot loader, buy a micro usb SD card reader, and mod the system to read SD cards. I just hope Google will not allow Verizon to lock the boot loader. Verizon has been locking down their phones for a long time. Verizon has been doing this since the Motorola RAZR V3 times. (I'm talking about the RAZR flip phone. Not the Droid RAZR phones). Verizon locked down the RAZR V3/V3M so that you don't put whatever you want on it. Verizon has basically been locking their phones before Android smart phones even came out. I'm talking about flip phones like the RAZR V3.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
In case you haven't had a Verizon phone since the Razr Flip phone, every device since said V3 has been rooted and the bootloader unlocked. Save for S4 & S5, which I might add still have root and roms via safestrap. If your only reason for not purchasing a device is a locked bootloader, perhaps you should rethink your actual smartphone needs.
Having a locked bootloader on my S5 doesn't bother me one bit. I sure as hell don't miss flashing buggy roms every other week. Those days are long gone on today's flagship devices.
I certainly wouldn't worry about this Nexus.....afterall.....It's a Nexus, it WIIL be rooted regardless of carrier.

S5 tap'n

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
In case you haven't had a Verizon phone since the Razr Flip phone, every device since said V3 has been rooted and the bootloader unlocked. Save for S4 & S5, which I might add still have root and roms via safestrap. If your only reason for not purchasing a device is a locked bootloader, perhaps you should rethink your actual smartphone needs.
Having a locked bootloader on my S5 doesn't bother me one bit. I sure as hell don't miss flashing buggy roms every other week. Those days are long gone on today's flagship devices.
I certainly wouldn't worry about this Nexus.....afterall.....It's a Nexus, it WIIL be rooted regardless of carrier.

S5 tap'n
Well I at least still need root in order to get SD card permissions with a mini SD card reader. If my phone ever gets damaged, my data is safe on the SD card and I don't have to try to get my data back. Yes you can get an SD card on Nexus devices. You just need root and a SD card reader. But I want a Nexus 6 because of the fast Android updates. The boot loader unlock and hacking devices is just a hobby I have.
I don't think I will even need to flash a custom ROM since Nexus devices are already pure Android. I had to flash Cyanogenmod on my RAZR M to make it a pure Android phone.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Understandable. Have you looked into an OTG cable? No root required. Easiest transfer method imo for devices without an ext sd card.

S5 tap'n

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
Understandable. Have you looked into an OTG cable? No root required. Easiest transfer method imo for devices without an ext sd card.

S5 tap'n
Yes and in fact, I have an OTG cable for when I need to plug my flash drive in my phone. But I saw this small SD card reader online that you can plug in micro USB ports. I also have a USB micro SD card reader for a laptop or desktop to read.