Do you believe Verizon will carry the Moto Nexus 6 and are you happy about it?

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
Yes and in fact, I have an OTG cable for when I need to plug my flash drive in my phone. But I saw this small SD card reader online that you can plug in micro USB ports. I also have a USB micro SD card reader for a laptop or desktop to read.
The micro usb SD card reader is this one: Mini MicroSD Card Reader by Meenova

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the USB OTG adapter allow you to plug in an SD card on these devices and use it as an external SD ROM Drive already?

In other words, it's rooting actually necessary? Seems to me it's not.

Reactions: cr6

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the USB OTG adapter allow you to plug in an SD card on these devices and use it as an external SD ROM Drive already?
Technically speaking, yes. However, a USB OTG cable is not as portable as having a mini SD card reader.

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
Technically speaking, yes. However, a USB OTG cable is not as portable as having a mini SD card reader.
Edit: To add in, root is necessary for external storage. If you use external storage without root there will be limitations. I saw this app on the Play Store that allows you to use external storage without root. The description said if you want full SD card control you need root.