Do we have a date for Bionic Fix Update to fix data issue?

No, rooting doesn't help with signal, data drops, etc. And YES, they will know at Verizon that it is rooted if you return it rooted.

+1 on the advice that you call Verizon if you are having signal/service problems. In TX for about 2 days, they were working on the 4G network and if I hadn't called, I wouldn't have had any idea that was the case.

+2 call verizon for signal/service issues.

what settings do u guys have that have perfect bionics? also did u update it anyway?

I have:

Data Saver- Off
Background data- On
Roaming data-Off
Data enabled- On

There are "leaked" updates, but since my Bionic works I'm waiting (for now) for the OTA.

anyone got a link for a leaked update, one that does not require a rooted bionic? ? and one that works? :)

anyone got a link for a leaked update, one that does not require a rooted bionic? ? and one that works? :)

I can help with the first part. There is http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/185086-5-8-894-update-rocks.html and http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...-update-file-str8-moto-no-root-necessary.html which has leaked updates that don't require root. Be sure to read ALL of the posts and there are different updates (including one on post #57 of the second link) and different ways to install them.

As for one that works, well, I'm waiting for the "I GOT THE OTA :icon_ banana:" threads to appear and see if anyone snagged the update to share.

need the update now!

I'm sorry, but for $299 this is unacceptable. I got my bionic the day it was released and didn't notice any problems until about 2 weeks later. I'm stuck using 3G or wifi to connect about 65% of the time. I feel I'm getting ripped off paying for data when I can't even use it. and as far as having a 3g connection, I could have bought a much cheaper 3G phone. Today I have either no service or limited 3G and the best Moto can say is 30-60 days? that's pathetic.

I'm sorry, but for $299 this is unacceptable. I got my bionic the day it was released and didn't notice any problems until about 2 weeks later. I'm stuck using 3G or wifi to connect about 65% of the time. I feel I'm getting ripped off paying for data when I can't even use it. and as far as having a 3g connection, I could have bought a much cheaper 3G phone. Today I have either no service or limited 3G and the best Moto can say is 30-60 days? that's pathetic.

x2... I would take it back before your return window runs out but thats just me, I wish I would have. Some might be able to deal with the data issues but I cant as its like buying a Lemon off a car lot, who would want that? To each their own I guess

I don't understand people who have to have the most cutting edge, fresh off the line, waiting in line all night to be first in line cell phones and then gripe if there are bugs to be fixed or it takes a couple of weeks or even months to get things fixed RIGHT. Why not just wait 6 months to a year for hardware and software that has thoroughly been debugged and patched. Also, you might want to stay on the 3G path for a while longer as the 4G network has severe growing pains at this point.You'll save knashing your teeth and acquiring the phone will be way cheaper by then. Actually, evolving with the phone is part of the fun to me. The thrill of a new patch that makes the phone do new things or work better is part of the fun. I believe that feeling is what separates the Android mindset from the Crackberry and iPhone fanbois. I really do hope that both of you find what you can be happy with.

I called verizon they said ota update in one or two days

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I love my Bionic its an amazing phone i know sometimes the conection issue gets lost but its getting fix i can wait i reather have this awesome phone than buy a new one with other bugs and wait loonger for a fix

I called verizon they said ota update in one or two days

sounds nice, however I take everything that vzw says with a pound of salt (as opposed to a grain of salt). VZW has been bombarded with inquiries about this update for a while now, its not surprising that they will just tell you that to get you off the phone and get you waiting for a couple days before you call back.

I spent another 30 min on the phone with vzw again last night. They tell me ota coming starting dec 8. First on the series of batch roll outs, they cant promise when mine will come.
I have had intermittent data prob all along. They tell me they will send me a refurbished Bionic bit not sure that will help

I bought my Bionic yesterday. I asked about the ICS update and with a smile he said "Very very soon". Take it for what it's worth. I'm not holding my breath.

I don't understand people who have to have the most cutting edge, fresh off the line, waiting in line all night to be first in line cell phones and then gripe if there are bugs to be fixed or it takes a couple of weeks or even months to get things fixed RIGHT. Why not just wait 6 months to a year for hardware and software that has thoroughly been debugged and patched. Also, you might want to stay on the 3G path for a while longer as the 4G network has severe growing pains at this point.You'll save knashing your teeth and acquiring the phone will be way cheaper by then. Actually, evolving with the phone is part of the fun to me. The thrill of a new patch that makes the phone do new things or work better is part of the fun. I believe that feeling is what separates the Android mindset from the Crackberry and iPhone fanbois. I really do hope that both of you find what you can be happy with.

Um... how about because it doesn't do what Verizon/Motorola said it would do 50% of the time? People bought it because it was supposed to be a badass phone, but it's not, and that's why they're disappointed with it.

Nobody bought this phone for it to be a hobby kit (well, maybe a few did) with the expectation that we'd have to jack with every day to see how to fix a broken function in it, or to be able to say "I can flash a ROM with my eyes closed in the dark standing on my head after spinning around 10 times." We just wanted a working, fully functional phone... in short, we want what we paid for.

Quit making excuses for a bad product. It is what it is.

Back