nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
I love adw launcher but I feel like it is draining battery and making my phone sluggish at times.

Would a launcher do that?

sent from my thunderbolt

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Check running services. It shouldn't use much more if any than the stock launcher.
Its most likely something else slowing you down.

sent from somewhere...

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I used ADW for the longest time and had no noticsble slow down. I also saw an increase in batttery life.

Do you have ADW set to be your standard launcher if not I would sugggest selecting the "use by default for this action" check box. Then reboot your tbolt. As long as you don't let Sense load up in to memory things should run smooth as butter and there should be no lag. Also you should have slightly better battery life as Sense is known to be a battery hog.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
ya it is set as my default home.

Its hard to gauge battery life differences because lately my battery life has gotten so much worse ( the past 3 weeks)

i stopped using it for a while after i first got my tb bc i start noticig more fcing and laggin when using it

then other timesit works smooth

i was just wondering if anyone knew for sure

checking its memory use doesn't really help much because adroid is designed to allocate unused memory to most used processes like launcher and even if i see it using a lot of memory i still don't know if that memory would be used by another program or simply unused if it was beingused for the launcher

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
HTC stock launcher by far crushes the competition stock launchers all around especially when it comes to performance. By comparison all other stock launchers are slower than 3rd party stock launchers, but HTC stock launcher isn't a slouch and so it appears that ADW is slower, but in fact you've just become accustom to the performance of the Sesne 2.0. :cool:

Reaction score
HTC stock launcher by far crushes the competition stock launchers all around especially when it comes to performance. By comparison all other stock launchers are slower than 3rd party stock launchers, but HTC stock launcher isn't a slouch and so it appears that ADW is slower, but in fact you've just become accustom to the performance of the Sesne 2.0. :cool:

Well put :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums