Do I need MotoPrint on my computer?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Hello,

I'm a little confused if I need MotoPrint on my computer or not. I have a WiFi printer and the Bionic seems to connect to it just fine. So Do I need to have the software on my computer or is that just for printers that don't have WiFi?

nitrap

Reaction score
MotoPrint is only needed if your phone can't find your printers (my case). I installed MotoPrint on one my computers and it worked perfectly. The Bionic found the MotoPrint host and was able to print to any printer configured on the host machine.

dannyro

Reaction score
Stupid question but I am sorry; how do you connect the Bionic to your WiFi Printer without the software?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
You just connect the Bionic to your home WiFi network, run MotoPrint, search for Printer, and it finds it if it's one of the compatible ones. If it's not, you have to install the PC MotoPrint Software where the printer is connected so be able to access it.

crxlvr

Reaction score
i have a printer from like 20 years ago but it is a good multifunction unit from lexmark. is there anyway i can set up motoprint to work with this?

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i have a printer from like 20 years ago but it is a good multifunction unit from lexmark. is there anyway i can set up motoprint to work with this?

I believe it only works with WIFI printers.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

mikedav1

Reaction score
I have it on my phone only. As long as you are on the same wifi network as your printer (the computer that is connected to the printer is using wifi) it will work. I have a new printer on machine and an old ink jet on another and I can connect and print to both.

OP
tjk629

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Thanks for reply. I didn't need it after all!

dannyro

Reaction score
Ok so I downloaded the Motoprint software and installed it, and when I try to connect it to my PC (it finds a MotoPrint Host- my PC name) it wants me to enter a user name and password. Honestly, I dont know what the heck it wants because I dont use a logon with Windows, its at home and I'm the only one who uses the computer. I tried entering no logon and it keeps saying invalid logon. What the heck does it want from me in the case of user name and password????