Displaying Contact Information on Lock Screen

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I am just using the stock "in case of emergency"

It allows you to set up to three contacts and three note fields to show on the lock screen, after pressing a button. I think it is enough.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Same, and since I use a Pattern Lock, that info is available on the Lock Screen if my phone is lost and found...

TatDroid

Reaction score
I use Contact Owner. I also use a lock pattern. (BTW, I hate having to unlock TWO screens - first the slider, then the pattern. I have the pattern set to delay for 10 min. That helps. At least now when I'm back and forth texting I only have to use the slider. Lock pattern doesn't come on until phone's been idle for 10min. BIG help).

For me, the Contact Owner info shows up on the unlock slide screen (NOT the unlock pattern screen). Which is fine. Doesn't matter to me - as long as it's there. When I first went into the "settings" for Contact Owner and went to "choose contact", the first several dozen contacts were "unknown". Don't know what that's all about. But I scrolled down the list, and then all my contacts started showed up. Just scrolled to MY contact info, chose an email and phone number (NOT my cell number, obviously) and I was good to go. Don't think I needed to reboot or anything.

tmc

Reaction score
I just tried Contact Owner again. Still can't get it to work. There is no change to my lock screen at all. So then I tried it on my old OG Droid that my wife now uses and it works fine. I know it's compatible with the Bionic since others here are using it. Not sure what to make of it.

LBrooks

Reaction score
I am just using the stock "in case of emergency"

It allows you to set up to three contacts and three note fields to show on the lock screen, after pressing a button. I think it is enough.

Same - when you don't have any info in Emergency Contacts (at the very top of your Contacts Screen is where you can add them) it isn't displayed on your lock screen - but once you populate your Emer. Contacts - you'll see a click through for Emergency Contacts when you try to Unlock the phone ... ICE contacts and the notes you saved for them ...

PhilD

Reaction score
Same - when you don't have any info in Emergency Contacts (at the very top of your Contacts Screen is where you can add them) it isn't displayed on your lock screen - but once you populate your Emer. Contacts - you'll see a click through for Emergency Contacts when you try to Unlock the phone ... ICE contacts and the notes you saved for them ...

THIS IS AWESOME! i have been trying to get my contact info on the lockscreen for the last two years and on 3 different Moto phones, this is much better than having to run Widget Locker or something like the Contact Owner app, thanks for posting this!

LBrooks

Reaction score
THIS IS AWESOME! i have been trying to get my contact info on the lockscreen for the last two years and on 3 different Moto phones, this is much better than having to run Widget Locker or something like the Contact Owner app, thanks for posting this!

As excited as I am this info has helped you (and I am - really ;) ) - I think I'm more excited this is the first thread I haven't killed since I've been here ... good times for both of us! ;)

lanza_david

Reaction score
As excited as I am this info has helped you (and I am - really ;) ) - I think I'm more excited this is the first thread I haven't killed since I've been here ... good times for both of us! ;)

I do not see the need for using an app for this on this phone. Don't you think so? Maybe people are not reading our posts?

PhilD

Reaction score
I do not see the need for using an app for this on this phone. Don't you think so? Maybe people are not reading our posts?

i think that's exactly the case - there are a lot of posts in these forums and unless you read them frequently you'll miss stuff like this.

i just reread this thread again and see a couple of you know about using ICE in this manner, but i can tell you that i read a lot of long threads in other forums on this exact topic where no one knew it (or took the time to point it out). on my last phone (Droid X), i went as far as to imbed my name and contact info on a wallpaper image so it would show on the lockscreen. i work in a secure environment and i frequently have to leave my phone behind unattended, so having contact info on there is useful since folks at work will definitely make the effort to get it back to me.

droid dave

Reaction score
i also can't get the contact info displayed using these apps on my lock screen.
i can't figure out how to add contacts to an emergency group either. any help would be appreciated.

dave

LBrooks

Reaction score
Hi DDave - if you go to your main contacts page - at the very top of it you will see a red cross symbol and "In case of emergency" - click it - then click your "menu" button (you know - the four square thing - bottom left) ... Add Contact etc etc ... Add Note etc etc ... Now your ICE fields are populated right ... Lock your screen ... when you go to unlock it (when you go to put in either a password or your pattern) is when you'll see the "Emergency Contacts" button on the bottom of the screen ... You won't see it just at the screen where the unlock slider is - only when you've (slid the slider?) and are at the prompts to enter a password or pattern will you see the Emergency Contacts button - then you'll be able to click it and see the info ... You do have to populate the ICE fields first to even get the button to display ... I hope this makes sense ...

HTH

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Hi DDave - if you go to your main contacts page - at the very top of it you will see a red cross symbol and "In case of emergency" - click it - then click your "menu" button (you know - the four square thing - bottom left) ... Add Contact etc etc ... Add Note etc etc ... Now your ICE fields are populated right ... Lock your screen ... when you go to unlock it (when you go to put in either a password or your pattern) is when you'll see the "Emergency Contacts" button on the bottom of the screen ... You won't see it just at the screen where the unlock slider is - only when you've (slid the slider?) and are at the prompts to enter a password or pattern will you see the Emergency Contacts button - then you'll be able to click it and see the info ... You do have to populate the ICE fields first to even get the button to display ... I hope this makes sense ...

HTH
ICE contacts and notes entered in the stock contacts. But there still is nothing on my lock screen. How do I get it to show up?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
ICE contacts and notes entered in the stock contacts. But there still is nothing on my lock screen. How do I get it to show up?

You will only see the Emergency Contacts button if you use a Pattern, PIN, or Password lock on your phone. It doesn't show on the the normal lock screen.

However, on Honeycomb (tablets), there is an Owner Information section that you fill in that *does* show on the normal lock screen. So, maybe with Ice Cream Sandwich this feature will show up on phones as well.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score

OK, never mind. I did not have a password/pattern lock set up. Once I did the Emergency contacts appear on that screen

gprichardson1

Reaction score
I just tried Contact Owner again. Still can't get it to work. There is no change to my lock screen at all. So then I tried it on my old OG Droid that my wife now uses and it works fine. I know it's compatible with the Bionic since others here are using it. Not sure what to make of it.

I've discovered if I have an alarm enabled the contact info doesn't appear on my lockscreen. As soon as I disable the active alarm, the info shows up. So the active alarm must be overriding the ability for Contact Owner to display on the lockscreen. I emailed the developer about this but never got a response.