Disheartened

WhoDunIt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
I was so excited to get this phone a few months ago. Now I don't want to go near it!!! I'm not sure if I did too much research and spooked myself but I do NOT want to deal with the sim card issue or dropped calls or screwed up contact lists...etc. I have found thread after thread of folks fighting numerous issues with this phone. I would love to believe that it is only a handfull of bad phones (and unlucky people) out there but goggle "sim card issue on DNA" and its a little scary. I am on call 24/7/365 and cannot miss calls/texts during the overnight hours.

Conventional wisdom says choose another phone or stick with my Commando (no issues except painfully limited) but then the inner child kicks in and says "maybe I'll get lucky"

All those out there who have not had issues, please put my mind at ease by responding and lettting me know there are a lot of you out there

Psykho

Reaction score
I've had my Dna since the day it came out and haven't had a single issue...

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
I was so excited to get this phone a few months ago. Now I don't want to go near it!!! I'm not sure if I did too much research and spooked myself but I do NOT want to deal with the sim card issue or dropped calls or screwed up contact lists...etc. I have found thread after thread of folks fighting numerous issues with this phone. I would love to believe that it is only a handfull of bad phones (and unlucky people) out there but goggle "sim card issue on DNA" and its a little scary. I am on call 24/7/365 and cannot miss calls/texts during the overnight hours.

Conventional wisdom says choose another phone or stick with my Commando (no issues except painfully limited) but then the inner child kicks in and says "maybe I'll get lucky"

All those out there who have not had issues, please put my mind at ease by responding and lettting me know there are a lot of you out there

WTF are you talking about?

Are you trolling?

I have not had issue number 1, this phone is awesome!

OP
WhoDunIt

WhoDunIt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
No I'm not "trolling". If my post came off as such, then I must not understand what forums are for. I thought it was pretty straight to the point, maybe I'm too old as stupid language such as "trolling" is actually annoying and juvenile to me. If it offended you move on.

OP
WhoDunIt

WhoDunIt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Psykho, Thank you for your reply

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
There's always going to be a couple of lemons, especially in the first batch of new phones. Some people are just "lucky" enough to get those lemons. If you have those issues then Verizon should be more than happy to replace it for you with a CLNR (if they even have CLNR DNAs right now).

TheRockSays

Reaction score
I've had the DNA since the first week it became available. Never had the SIM card issue until a couple of weeks ago.

I popped it out and put it back in A's no issues since then.

Robster

Reaction score
Whodunit, you have a good point and this is a legitimate concern. I wish I could say I have not had the SIM issue but it has happened to me a couple of times. What seems to help is to remove and replace it. I am not too concerned because I think it may be more an issue with the card and not the actual phone. If I continue to have problems I will take it in and have Verizon give me a new SIM. But I can surely see your concern if you need the phone to function 24/7. That being said I have yet to have a phone that didn't need some issue addressed and I have had the Droid 1, Droid X and Droid X2.

pb1bicdic

Reaction score
I've had the DNA since the first week it became available. Never had the SIM card issue until a couple of weeks ago.

I popped it out and put it back in A's no issues since then.

Same issue, same remedy and I'm loving this phone since!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

culpin

Reaction score
Had the SIM card issue but like others have said once I popped it out and put it back in the issue went away. Have not had any other issues and would genuinely buy the phone all over again if I had to.

Don't forget....people generally will only post complaints and theres some people who will always have a complaint no matter what. I thought this was the best phone on the market leading up to my purchase and my experiences with it have only confirmed these thoughts.

Do yourself a favor...when you do get it, purchase a wireless charging pad with it. Its one of those conveniences that I could never neglect now that I use it daily. There's just something about being able to charge your phone just by setting it down and having it available for immediate use without fumbling with a cord that is amazing.

OP
WhoDunIt

WhoDunIt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Thank you for the replies. I truly appreciate the honesty!!!! I really want to love this phone.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

One thing to remember is forums exist for trouble shooting as well as other aspects. Since the Google search is based on hits you will have to dig down to about page 27 of your Google search to find positive reviews, sites, etc because most owners that aren't having problems tend to not post their lack of problems.
I'm not trying to sway your decision either way, just want to add that the deck is stacked against positive reviews once a device releases and finding a place you trust the answers you get is the best course of action.
Had I stuck with a Google search only I'd have not gotten my Rezound and would've steered VERY clear of my Incredible 1, both of which have been stellar for me .

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

MacLeod

Reaction score
OP you gotta remember that most people don't post things in forums when they're happy. You'll get some post when they're ecstatic over their purchase like I was with you Note 2 but people that are satisfied aren't gonna say much about it but everybody with an issue is going to gripe online about it. So ya gotta weigh all the complaints a little different against the positive reviews.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

indee2025

Reaction score
Casio?

I'd take two cans and string with an old TI-80 duct taped to it over your casio commando but yea...Casio makes cheap S$%^& watches and you think you have a good smartphone?!? HILARIOUS.
The Droid DNA reminds me of the hype the droid bionic had except this device delivers. I came on here specifically to let you know the droid dna is the real deal....if you were to take every bad comment about the Dna, PLUS every good comment on the Droid Dna you would total under 6K comments...so take that in conjunction with how many droid dna's Verizon has sold and you're talking hundreds of thousands of devices and only 6K have somethin good or bad to say about the device...quit wastin our time & yours, pick up the DNA TODAY.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
No I'm not "trolling". If my post came off as such, then I must not understand what forums are for. I thought it was pretty straight to the point, maybe I'm too old as stupid language such as "trolling" is actually annoying and juvenile to me. If it offended you move on.

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have suggested that.