Disheartened

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
I'm sorry I over-reacted... One of those times where ya say (or post in this case) something and then realize that you were an a**.

I don't think that you over reacted, I think I was the ass.

Thanks for your understanding. Cheers!

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
:beer2:;)

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry. I shouldn't have suggested that.

I'm sorry I over-reacted... One of those times where ya say (or post in this case) something and then realize that you were an a**.

I want to personally thank both of you for handling things so well.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

tdoger

Reaction score
The good: My wife has had her's since last Wed. and loves it. The bad: I am already on my second DNA since last Wed and have been told by Verizon Tech support to return it for another. My first had the SIM issue. They changed the card, but still a problem. So Changed the phone. This was on Saturday. This morning I have the new issue: I have zero audio on the phone. The calls are completed but there is no sending or receiving voice. Just dead air. I really want to like this phone but am tempted just return it and wait for something different. The Motorolas are out because I need the text wrapping feature that HTC has (my eyes are getting old) .

zynx

Reaction score
I was so excited to get this phone a few months ago. Now I don't want to go near it!!! I'm not sure if I did too much research and spooked myself but I do NOT want to deal with the sim card issue or dropped calls or screwed up contact lists...etc. I have found thread after thread of folks fighting numerous issues with this phone. I would love to believe that it is only a handfull of bad phones (and unlucky people) out there but goggle "sim card issue on DNA" and its a little scary. I am on call 24/7/365 and cannot miss calls/texts during the overnight hours.

Conventional wisdom says choose another phone or stick with my Commando (no issues except painfully limited) but then the inner child kicks in and says "maybe I'll get lucky"

All those out there who have not had issues, please put my mind at ease by responding and lettting me know there are a lot of you out there

This is a great phone if you can get the SIM card issue sorted out (which seems to be a sporadic issue anyhow, not everyone's experiencing it) - it works great overall, the battery life is better than expected, phenomenal display (let's just say it'll silence any smug Retina/Apple fan boys in the room), great camera incl. video (few phones allow you to zoom in while shooting HD video, this one does), solid sound w/Beats Audio, blazing fast, and the looks+form factor have raised the bar considerably (looks and feels light years better than anything Samsung has put out i.e., no cheap plasticky w/chrome feel)...can't tell you how many people borrow my phone for something and then give it a second look or a once-over once they hold it in their hand while I grin like a proud papa! :biggrin: Only thing that's preventing this phone from climbing to the top of the smartphone heap is the limited memory with no expansion option, and limited battery that will need a daily charge (once a day for me, moderate user) or more for heavy users. The plastic mini-USB cover is a non-issue considering how many people were howling about it when the phone first came out - with minimal skill you'll get used to opening and closing it to charge, or even better, keep that sucker shut and pony up for a wireless charging pad...take that Apple! :p

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is a great phone if you can get the SIM card issue sorted out (which seems to be a sporadic issue anyhow, not everyone's experiencing it) - it works great overall, the battery life is better than expected, phenomenal display (let's just say it'll silence any smug Retina/Apple fan boys in the room), great camera incl. video (few phones allow you to zoom in while shooting HD video, this one does), solid sound w/Beats Audio, blazing fast, and the looks+form factor have raised the bar considerably (looks and feels light years better than anything Samsung has put out i.e., no cheap plasticky w/chrome feel)...can't tell you how many people borrow my phone for something and then give it a second look or a once-over once they hold it in their hand while I grin like a proud papa! :biggrin: Only thing that's preventing this phone from climbing to the top of the smartphone heap is the limited memory with no expansion option, and limited battery that will need a daily charge (once a day for me, moderate user) or more for heavy users. The plastic mini-USB cover is a non-issue considering how many people were howling about it when the phone first came out - with minimal skill you'll get used to opening and closing it to charge, or even better, keep that sucker shut and pony up for a wireless charging pad...take that Apple! :p

People are now complaining about a charger port cover? Just wow. Folks were howling like banshees when they stopped putting them on a few years ago.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
People are now complaining about a charger port cover? Just wow. Folks were howling like banshees when they stopped putting them on a few years ago.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

We the masses are never happy.

VitruvianRocker

Reaction score
It's not the phone- it's te apps

I had similar issues with my previous phone (incredible) and after 3 resets and 2 replacements, realized it was the apps i'd loaded. the best advice i can offer is to go thru a full reset, then load only the apps you use daily, and slowly rebuild your library. it's a PAIN IN THE ASS, but you may find the culprit by trial and error.

good luck- the phone is solid.

MacLeod

Reaction score
We the masses are never happy.

I'm an avid PC gamer and frequent several forums and you're totally right. Crysis came out in 2007 and the graphics were so good that they changed gaming. Problem is they were so demanding that you had to spend about $1000 in video cards to play on max settings so everybody *****ed and moaned that it was too demanding (even tho you could just lower the settings).

Fast forward a few years and Crysis 2 comes out with much much less demanding graphics so, you guessed it, here comes the *****ing and moaning that the graphics aren't good enough.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

mpgo4th

Reaction score
I love my DNA. Its more than I thought it would be. I find myself watching Netflix on it just because the screen is so beautiful. I have not had any trouble on of mine other than one time it was ringing on its own. I couldn't get it to stop so I shut it off and restart it. It hasn't done it since. Also I wanted to say this is the only forum I've ever used where people are nice to each other. Its refreshing.