Disappointed with the Incipio Feather Case :(

kristinz84

Reaction score
Everyone says they love this case so I had very high expectations. I received it in the mail today from Amazon and the case makes it really hard for me to push the buttons, especially the button on the right. The cut is very strange. No one else has noticed this? I am extremely anxious to get a case to protect my new baby :D but haven't found the perfect one.

MN_Vikes93

Reaction score
I ordered it too and hated it. So I went to my local Verizon store and bought a blue body glove case and absolutely love it. I suggest the same

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Leonidas

Reaction score
Try the Incipio NGP. It's a great case. Its very thin and offers great protection for the entire phone. It even comes with a screen protector. Buttons and cutouts are perfectly placed. The matte black finish is grippy and hi tech looking.

qwopzxnm

Reaction score
Try the Incipio NGP. It's a great case. Its very thin and offers great protection for the entire phone. It even comes with a screen protector. Buttons and cutouts are perfectly placed. The matte black finish is grippy and hi tech looking.

Any feedback on how the NGP fits with the extended battery in place?

Leonidas

Reaction score
Sorry - I have the standard battery but given the bit of flex I feel in the case, I would guess that it fits the extended battery too. I have 3 other silicone and gell cases and the NGP is the best one in fit, finish, functionality and looks. A quality product that protects my phone while complimenting its good looks. Well worth the money.

igor6627

Reaction score
can the person with the incipio post a few pics of it please, i orderd a few different cases on ebay (otterbox comuter, tpu, and SGP neo hybrid series in reventon yellow) and they are all a medium sized case. i also want a super thin case but covers the whol ephone as well. thanks in advance

Leonidas

Reaction score
can the person with the incipio post a few pics of it please, i orderd a few different cases on ebay (otterbox comuter, tpu, and SGP neo hybrid series in reventon yellow) and they are all a medium sized case. i also want a super thin case but covers the whol ephone as well. thanks in advance

If you want to see pictures, try the Incipio webpage. Here's a link to the feather case:
Incipio Samsung Galaxy Nexus feather Ultralight Hard Shell Case, Samsung Galaxy Nexus Cases, Samsung Galaxy Nexus Covers, Samsung Galaxy Nexus Accessories, Samsung Galaxy Nexus Protection, Galaxy Nexus Cases

And if you want to see the NGP, try this link:
Incipio Samsung Galaxy Nexus NGP Semi-Rigid Soft Shell Case, Samsung Galaxy Nexus Cases, Samsung Galaxy Nexus Covers, Samsung Galaxy Nexus Accessories, Samsung Galaxy Nexus Protection, Galaxy Nexus Cases

I bought my Incipio NGP from Amazon. For $16.25, it's a great deal.

OP
K

kristinz84

Reaction score

Would you still like photos?

Mayze

Reaction score
I bought the feather case and realized that it's just an oversized battery cover. If you were to drop it on it's top or bottom you have no protection at all. I do like the soft touch feel of it though.

sb1831

Reaction score
I'd try the Seidio Surface case or one of it's rebranded (I believe I've seen at least 2 rebranded ones) It doesn't add much at all to the Nexus and it offers full protection.

big al

Reaction score
Everyone says they love this case so I had very high expectations. I received it in the mail today from Amazon and the case makes it really hard for me to push the buttons, especially the button on the right. The cut is very strange. No one else has noticed this? I am extremely anxious to get a case to protect my new baby :D but haven't found the perfect one.
I didnt like that either but the side with the power button i just cut the "bridge" out with a knife and now accessing the power button is easy. I rather like how it shields the volume as I was always hitting that when powering on

OP
K

kristinz84

Reaction score
I didnt like that either but the side with the power button i just cut the "bridge" out with a knife and now accessing the power button is easy. I rather like how it shields the volume as I was always hitting that when powering on

I'm not crafty like some people so I tended to stick away from cases people said they needed to cut :)
I think mine might have been a spoof anyway. The seller I bought it from on Ebay was a real pain to deal with and threatened to charge me a 15-25% restocking fee.

I attached pics in case anyone was interested. Sorry if one is too blurry.

Oh, I ended up going with the Diztronic in Matte and Glitter just because of all the good reviews it got. I'll give an update when it gets here.

Attachments

• IMG_1362.jpg
    IMG_1362.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_1361.jpg
    IMG_1361.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 430

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seidio Surface case is really the best case made if you don't need something super thick.

Mine was on my OG for 2 years without a scratch, feels amazing too. I'm not buying a case for my Nexus because I like how it feels and I bought insurance this time, but I'd get the Seidio surface case 100%.

blacksoxing

Reaction score
I'm watching these threads like a hawk because this phone is made outta baby oil it seems!!!

I can't hold it on its sides...habitually slipping out my hands

OP
K

kristinz84

Reaction score
I LOVE the Diztronic! I got it in pink sparkle and black matte. It can still fit in my pocket which is nice.