Disappearing volume issue - resolution?

Guindalf

Reaction score
My (third) Droid loses volume just like others I've read about on this forum. The speaker volume goes so low that you have to hold the phone to your ear to hear anything. This affects Nav, notifications and, of course, music.

The problem can be corrected by a reboot, but it's annoying.

Has anyone found a solution or is it another return?

branabolic

Reaction score
mine has done this only twice so far, and it did it both times when i was goin through my list of ringtones listening to them. to me, it definatly seemed as if the sound just switched from playing out of the speaker, to out of the earpiece. hope this is something that can be fixed though the upcoming update.

sir

Reaction score
never had this problem, hope it gets fixed though so i don't have it in the future :)

Adlerson

Reaction score
I've had this happen to me too. It seemed it happened when it tried to play certain MP3 files that might have had a special encoding, though I'm not 100% sure.
Hope a fix is forthcoming.

richie1378

Reaction score
The only time mine does that is when I plug it in my car's aux input there's no sound. Once I restart my phone with the aux input plugged in the Droid it then works. I'm really thinking about trading it out for that reason and a couple other restart issues.