Disabling the scroll unlock? Is it possible?

lasher66

Reaction score
Hi,
It is getting annoying to me to have to slide over the scroll unlock everytime I turn on my phone. I cant seem to find in settings anywhere to disable this if possible. Thanks for any help.

Jason

mgaudio87

Reaction score
I agree this is annoying. Also when you answer a phone, you have to slide to answer. I want to be able to push one button to answer. Any way to to this?

cyclepipe

Reaction score
I'd feel the same way, but further I wish it was possible to turn off the vibrate function of the unlock. The "vibrator" in my phone makes a funny noise and I just prefer to disable it completely.

raminator72

Reaction score
Solution

There is a free app in the market called "Screen Mode Widget". This widget lets you disable the lock feature.

CronoDL

Reaction score
Screen Mode Widget works great. One mode is the normal mode which requires an unlock everytime you turn the screen on. Second mode requires no unlock when the screen turns back on. Third mode disables auto time out of the display.

justbob

Reaction score
I'd feel the same way, but further I wish it was possible to turn off the vibrate function of the unlock. The "vibrator" in my phone makes a funny noise and I just prefer to disable it completely.

Go to Phone Setting --> Sound & Display Settings

Scroll about 2/3 of the way down until you see "Haptic Feedback" and disable it. :)

tha]-[acksaw

Reaction score

Go to Phone Setting --> Sound & Display Settings

Scroll about 2/3 of the way down until you see "Haptic Feedback" and disable it. :)

Haptic Feedback doesn't disable the vibrate when you do the slide unlock. At least not on mine. It only works with the lower 4 buttons. It's just another thing that pisses me off about the Droid. I think just about all my pet peeves with the Droid have been mentioned in this thread. All in all, I'm still pretty happy!

jrod1990

Reaction score
Screen Mode Widget works great. One mode is the normal mode which requires an unlock everytime you turn the screen on. Second mode requires no unlock when the screen turns back on. Third mode disables auto time out of the display.

+1 just installed, will use the Second mode more often. I hate the slide lock / power button combo!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
myLock is the way to go. Screen mode widget allows the volume rocker and camera button to wake the phone. myLock only allows the power button.

xliderider

Reaction score
myLock is the way to go. Screen mode widget allows the volume rocker and camera button to wake the phone. myLock only allows the power button.

+1 for MyLock, the recessed power button is almost impossible to press unintentionally. I don't use MyLock anymore though, it wasn't playing nice with screebl or Home++, got FC's.