Disabling repeat notifications?

ill_switch

Reaction score
Hello forum,

I'm new to Droids, having recently switched from a blackberry to a Droid 2 (the R2D2 version - I couldn't resist!) Loving it so far, but there's one thing that bugs me.

I have a sound alert set up for my email accounts on the device, which is great - but it seems like there's some built in feature that repeats the sound every 20 minutes until I acknowledge the email. This is frustrating. I want to get a beep when I get a new email, but I really don't want my phone sitting there beeping away every 20 minutes if I'm not around to acknowledge the message.

I've searched but haven't found a setting to disable the "repeat" feature - is there a way to disable it, but keep the initial notification?

sheriffgonnagetcha

Reaction score
I have been having the exact same issue. Asked about it in several forums but no solution. Someone has to know how to fix this?

bsubenvis

Reaction score
I don't have this problem, under the actual email account setting you can select whether or not you want notifications of every new message or just the first new message. I have that checked and I only get one sound for each new message, no repeats.. I don't know if that will solve the issue but its a place to start.

sheriffgonnagetcha

Reaction score
I don't have this problem, under the actual email account setting you can select whether or not you want notifications of every new message or just the first new message. I have that checked and I only get one sound for each new message, no repeats.. I don't know if that will solve the issue but its a place to start.
That works for the gmail client, not the POP one, unfortunately.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I moved it because in your first sentence you indicate that you had a Droid 2. I did not read any mention of any other device thus the move to the Droid 2 section.

Mike

sheriffgonnagetcha

Reaction score
I moved it because in your first sentence you indicate that you had a Droid 2. I did not read any mention of any other device thus the move to the Droid 2 section.

Mike
Oh, that was the original poster, I see it now. No worries, just worried it won't get thew visibility here. THere are parallel threads in the X forum and the INcredible forum as well.

teg94

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem on my D2... I love having an audible alert for new email, but when it keeps repeating until I read the email, it seems rather excessive and I've disabled all audible notifications for the time being.

Hoping someone can shed some light on this so I can have some audible notifications again.