disabling bloatware apps

rshackleford

Reaction score
After the ICS update on my Droid Razr there seems to be a large number of apps constantly running in the background.
I used to use Task Manager to kill them but TM disappeared with ICS update.
For instance, MOG is always running and there is no way to uninstall it.

Is there any way to make this app quit running in th ebackground without rooting?

Words for Friend, hanging with Friends, etc... are also running constantly. anyway to disable them from running without uninstalling them?

joshxdroid

Reaction score
You can disable apps with stock ics. Go into your app drawer/drag app up to app info/select disable. Not all apps can be disabled, but many can including mog. Ics is better at managing apps than gingerbread thus you don't need to disable apps. One way you can shut a recent app down is hold the home key, and Swipe apps to close them. This only worlds with recent apps though. And just because they are on this list, it doesn't man they are running

OP
R

rshackleford

Reaction score
I tried your suggestion by dragging app to top of app drawer. When I click App Info there is no button to disable for MOG.
I guess Im going to have to root, since I am getting tired of MOG running all the time. I never use it and so I guess the more I think about it the more I think I am going to root to delete the bloat ware.

I had rooted my OG Droid but I was waiting for ICS before rooting my Razr. Guess its time.

I should add that my phone seems to be getting progressively slower since ICS. Im feeling like Im back in the 90's with Windows and Intel. Everytime I get an OS update I have to buy a new phone since the update causees it to run slower

Last edited:

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I thought the razr already had ics on it but I may be wrong

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

joshxdroid

Reaction score
rshackleford said:
I tried your suggestion by dragging app to top of app drawer. When I click App Info there is no button to disable for MOG.
I guess Im going to have to root, since I am getting tired of MOG running all the time. I never use it and so I guess the more I think about it the more I think I am going to root to delete the bloat ware.

I had rooted my OG Droid but I was waiting for ICS before rooting my Razr. Guess its time.

I should add that my phone seems to be getting progressively slower since ICS. Im feeling like Im back in the 90's with Windows and Intel. Everytime I get an OS update I have to buy a new phone since the update causees it to run slower

Are you still on gingerbread?

joshxdroid

Reaction score
As you can see in this picture mog is disabled on my phone. I an not rooted and am running ICS. Sometimes you have to uninstall updates first doing the disable button is in the same spot

View attachment 57570

OP
R

rshackleford

Reaction score
I'm on ICS.

Uninstalling updates worked for MOG. thanks

Maybe you can help with a few more.
Facebook is always running in background. I have notifications disabled but it still launches. Any way to keep that from launching without disabling it?

Also, Suggestions Core Rule Checker. What does that do and can i make it stop running

Last edited:

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I really don't think you have to worry about it to much. Just disable the apps you don't use, and you are good to go

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
JClintB said:
What do you mean by "dragging app to top of app drawer"?

Once in the app drawer long press the app and drag it to the top where it says more options.

jaye712

Reaction score
What about these stock widgets?is it ok to "force stop"..i needa get rid of it since its runnin for no reason..like world clock,the notepad etc

DROIDRAZR215